There's no denying the immediate satisfaction that comes from biting into a crispy chicken tender, especially when it's coated in a potato crust that's been baked to perfection. The combination of crispy and juicy is irresistible, and it's hard to stop at just one.
The potato-based crust provides an added layer of flavor and texture that takes this classic dish to the next level. What's more, these tenders are versatile enough to please a crowd or satisfy a solo craving. Whether you're dipping them in your favorite sauce or enjoying them plain, these crispy potato-crusted chicken tenders are a must-try dish.
For those who are constantly on the lookout for delicious and healthy meals, the Crispy Potato Crusted Chicken Tenders recipe deserves some spotlight. This dish is a healthier take on the classic chicken tenders, as the crispy crust is made from grated potatoes and herbs, instead of the usual breadcrumbs. Plus, potatoes are a great source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber, which make them a fantastic addition to any meal. Add in the fact that these chicken tenders are baked, not fried, and you've got yourself a meal that is both tasty and nourishing. So go ahead and give this recipe a try - we promise you won't be disappointed!
Prep time: 10 minutes + time to cool
Cook time: 17-23 minutes
- Ingredients needed to make the Crispy Potato Crusted Chicken Tenders
- How to make Crispy Potato Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Variations on the Crispy Potato Crusted Chicken Tenders recipe
- Equipment used in making Crispy Potato Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Storage for the Crispy Potato Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Top tips for making Crispy Potato Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Crispy Potato Crusted Chicken Tenders
Ingredients needed to make the Crispy Potato Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenders (or 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thirds, to form chicken tenders)
- 5 T. flour
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. onion powder
- ½ t. dried dill
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz. ridged potato chips
- Cooking spray
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
To serve: Ranch, honey mustard, BBQ, etc. as desired.
How to make Crispy Potato Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried dill. Whisk to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a separate shallow dish, whisk the egg with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the potato chips in a zippered bag and smash with a rolling pin or a wooden spoon until the chips are broken down into smaller pieces, roughly the size of panko breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to chips to a third shallow bowl.
- Bread the chicken by placing each tender in the flour first, then dip it into the egg, and finally coat it with the crushed potato chips.
- Place the breaded tender on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the same process with all the remaining chicken pieces.
- Spray the chicken tenders with cooking spray and place in the oven to bake until golden and crispy on the outside and cooked through in the middle, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve alongside ranch or honey mustard dip.
Variations on the Crispy Potato Crusted Chicken Tenders recipe
Crispy potato-crusted chicken tenders are a popular comfort food that can be easily customized to suit various tastes. Though the recipe is simple, there are many delicious variations that can be made to elevate the dish. For example, adding a sprinkle of smoked paprika and garlic can enhance the flavor, while coating the chicken in panko bread crumbs can create an even crunchier texture. For a healthier option, swapping out the regular potatoes for sweet potatoes can provide a dose of vitamin A and fiber. Overall, the variations are endless, making this versatile dish a go-to for any occasion.
Equipment used in making Crispy Potato Crusted Chicken Tenders
Storage for the Crispy Potato Crusted Chicken Tenders
Are you wondering how long you can savor the deliciousness of Crispy Potato Crusted Chicken Tenders? Well, the good news is that once cooked, they can last in the fridge for up to four days. However, to ensure their freshness and crispiness, it is recommended to consume them within the first two days. These chicken tenders are not only easy to make but also versatile in their usage. Whether you enjoy them as a snack, appetizer, or meal paired with your favorite sides, they are bound to leave your taste buds craving for more. So go ahead, whip up a batch of these delectable treats and enjoy them to your heart's content!
Top tips for making Crispy Potato Crusted Chicken Tenders
Crispy Potato Crusted Chicken Tenders are a delicious and easy meal that can be whipped up in no time. For those looking to take their dish to the next level, there are a few tips to keep in mind.
First, make sure to use parchment paper to prevent sticking and to keep the chicken crispy. Second, season the potato crust generously with salt and paprika for extra flavor.
Lastly, don't be afraid to get creative with dipping sauces – anything from honey mustard to sriracha can take these tenders to new heights.
With these tips in mind, you'll be on your way to creating the ultimate Crispy Potato Crusted Chicken Tenders.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: