Grilled Greek Chicken Skewers are the perfect one-pan recipe for a healthy weeknight dinner. This dish is packed with flavor as it combines succulent grilled chicken with a zesty medley of chopped fresh herbs and spices.
To make them even more flavorful, brush the chicken skewers with some Greek yogurt mixed together with minced garlic and lemon juice. Serve these Greek Chicken Skewers hot off the grill alongside warm pita bread and a tangy Greek salad for an amazing meal that accommodates a number of dietary needs.
A delicious smoky taste
Grilling the chicken gives it a delicious smoky taste, while the lemon and oregano provide a bright and fresh finish. Serve these skewers with some grilled vegetables and pita bread, and you've got yourself a truly authentic greek meal!
For a family gathering or picnic.
Grilled Greek Chicken Skewers are a great recipe to make for a family gathering or picnic. They're easy to make, and they're always a hit with everyone. The chicken is marinated in a Greek yogurt sauce, which helps to keep it moist and flavorful. Then, it's grilled to perfection and served with a delicious tzatziki sauce. The skewers can be made ahead of time, so all you have to do is fire up the grill when you're ready to eat. Grilled Greek Chicken Skewers are a delicious and easy way to enjoy a classic Greek dish.
This was inspired by my other recipe on this site, and pairs well with this amazing sidedish recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes (+ time to marinade chicken)
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yields: 6 skewers
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T. fresh lemon juice
- 2 t. organic lemon zest
- 1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 T. fresh oregano, chopped and crushed to release oils
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, broken into small pieces and crushed to release oils
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, smashed, peeled, and roughly chopped
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. black pepper
- Remaining Ingredients:
- 1¼ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1” cubes
- 9 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 6 10-inch wood or metal skewers
- 2 large lemons, cut in half
- Place marinade ingredients in a large jar and seal with a tight-fitting lid. Shake vigorously to combine and set aside.
- Place chicken breast cubes in a large glass bowl and pour the marinade on top. Gently toss to combine, ensuring the chicken is evenly coated on all sides. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator 15 minutes before cooking. Drain and discard the marinade.
- Thread a tomato onto a skewer, followed by two pieces of chicken. Then add another tomato, two more pieces of chicken, and a third tomato on the end. Repeat with the remaining chicken and tomatoes on the remaining skewers.
If there are additional chunks of chicken left over, place them on another skewer and cook with the rest.
- Spray a large grill pan with non-stick cooking spray (or brush with a neutral oil with a high smoke point) and set over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the skewers to the grill pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until they release easily from the surface. Flip each skewer and cook on the remaining side for another 4-5 minutes. Sear the remaining sides for 1 minute each.
- Transfer the skewers to a platter and set aside. Add the lemon halves to the hot grill pan and press down on each with a spatula. Heat until the exposed surface is warm and nicely browned, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat and squeeze the warm lemon halves over the chicken skewers right before serving. Enjoy!
Grilled Greek Chicken Skewers are a delicious and easy recipe that is perfect for a summer cookout. The chicken is marinated in a flavorful blend of Greek herbs and spices, then grilled to perfection. However, if you don't have all of the ingredients on hand, there are a few substitutes that you can use. For the chicken, you can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs. If you don't have skewers, you can thread the chicken onto metal or wooden spears. And if you don't have Greek seasoning, you can use a combination of oregano, basil, and thyme. With these simple substitutions, you can still enjoy the taste of Grilled Greek Chicken Skewers even if you're not able to make them exactly as specified in the recipe.
Grilled Greek Chicken Skewers are a delicious and easy way to enjoy chicken. But how long can you store them? Grilled Greek Chicken Skewers can be stored in the fridge for up to three to four days.
When storing Grilled Greek Chicken Skewers, be sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. This will help to keep them fresh and prevent them from drying out.
When you're ready to enjoy Grilled Greek Chicken Skewers again, simply thaw them in the fridge overnight and reheat them on the grill or in the oven. Grilled Greek Chicken Skewers are a great meal prep option that can be enjoyed time and time again.
For a bright pop of flavor, squeeze the warm grilled lemon halves over the skewers right before serving.
Tip: For best results, use organic lemons for zesting.