Bruschetta is a great way to enjoy those grilled vegetables. This recipe pairs grilled zucchini, roasted red peppers, and eggplant with creamy ricotta cheese and balsamic vinegar. They come out so delicious and slightly charred, adding a great smoky flavor.
What is Bruschetta
Bruschetta is a classic Italian dish of toasted bread rubbed with garlic and olive oil, and then topped with various toppings. In this recipe, we've opted for grilled veggies and creamy ricotta cheese. So good, no one will even miss the meat!
There's nothing quite like grilling up some fresh vegetables and enjoying them with a delicious dip or spread. This recipe for grilled vegetables and ricotta bruschetta is sure to be a hit at your next cookout! The veggies are grilled until tender perfection, then served on slices of toasted bread with a creamy ricotta cheese spread and a sprinkle of herbs.
- -1 large eggplant, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- -1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- -½ zucchini, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- -1 tablespoon olive oil
- -salt and pepper to taste
- -6 slices of sourdough bread, grilled or toasted
- -½ cup ricotta cheese
- -1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a large bowl, toss together eggplant, bell pepper, and zucchini with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Grill vegetables for 4-5 minutes per side, or until vegetables are slightly charred.
3. To assemble the bruschetta, top each slice of grilled sourdough bread with a tablespoon of ricotta cheese, followed by a few grilled vegetables. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve immediately. Enjoy!
This recipe is perfect for summertime grilling! The vegetables are grilled to perfection and then topped with creamy ricotta cheese and balsamic vinegar. So good, and so healthy! Give it a try for your next summer BBQ.
Health benefits of eating vegetables
There are plenty of reasons to eat your vegetables, but here are just a few of the health benefits: Vegetables can help reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke, and some types of cancer. They're also high in fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins A and C. Plus, they're low in calories and sodium, making them a healthy choice for people who are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. So if you're looking for ways to improve your health, eating more vegetables is a good place to start!