Low Carb Lemon Bars are the perfect solution for anyone looking for a healthy, delicious dessert. This family-friendly recipe is an ideal treat for those watching their sugar intake, such as those coping with diabetes.
Instead of regular white flour, this recipe relies on almond and coconut flours to provide texture without sacrificing flavor. Packed with zesty lemon and bursting with flavor, these low carb treats will satisfy cravings without all that added sugar!
How Healthy are Low-Carb Lemon Bars?
If you need a tasty, healthier dessert option, then the Low-Carb Lemon Bar recipe is here to save the day! Made with natural ingredients and simple steps, this indulgent dessert takes a nutritional leap ahead of traditional recipes that contain sugar and carbs. Not only is this a good way to make a delicious sweet treat without piling on empty calories, but it can also be enjoyed by anyone following a low-carb diet or watching their sugar intake due to diabetes or other health concerns. Plus, its easy-to-follow instructions are perfect for busy families; everyone gets to enjoy a yummy and healthy snack with little effort. Try out making the Low-Carb Lemon Bars tonight - your taste buds will thank you!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 3 large eggs
- 2 lemons, zested and squeezed to yield ¼ c. lemon juice
- ¾ c. + 1 T. monk fruit sweetener or erythritol, divided
- ¼ c. coconut flour
- 8 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 c. + 5 T. almond flour
- Add eggs, lemon juice, 1 T. lemon zest, ¾ cup monk fruit sweetener, and coconut flour to blender container. Blend until smooth and creamy. Place in refrigerator until slightly thickened, 15-20 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with a piece of parchment paper.
- In medium mixing bowl, add melted butter, almond flour, and remaining tablespoon of monk fruit sweetener. Mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Press almond flour crust into the prepared baking pan. Par bake crust for 7 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and set aside to cool slightly while the filling thickens in the refrigerator.
- Pour the filling over the crust and bake until the center is set, 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven to a cooling rack and let the lemon bars cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Who doesn't love a good dessert recipe? Sweet treats are the perfect way to end a family meal! If you're searching for an alternative to traditional desserts that are bound to break your waistline, try a Low Carb Lemon Bars recipe. This healthy option allows everyone in the family to savor the flavors of lemon bars without worrying about consuming too much sugar or carbs, even if someone in your family has diabetes. To heighten the flavor and make it unique, why not add a sprinkle of coconut on top or replace half of the ingredients with almonds instead? With some added variations, your delicious Low Carb Lemon Bars are sure to be an instant hit with friends and family!
If you're looking for a healthy and delicious dessert the whole family will love, Low-Carb Lemon Bars are an excellent option. Not only do they fit perfectly into many special diets like those with diabetes, but they also taste amazing. The best part is that when stored properly in the fridge, these bars can last for up to four days - plenty of time to enjoy the full recipe. With the right storage techniques, everyone can enjoy this sweet treat worry free!
Although these bars are healthier than traditional recipes and are helpful for those with diabetes monitoring their sugar intake, they still deliver an indulgent flavor that everyone can enjoy. Here are some top tips to make sure you get your Low-Carb Lemon Bars come out just right. Start by combining almond flour and Swerve sweetener to create the crust; this gives it a rich texture you can't get from a store-bought crust. Spread the filling over the cooled crust and bake until it is lightly golden brown -- about 20 minutes should do it! Allow for plenty of time for cooling before cutting so that the texture remains intact. Top with freshly squeezed lemon juice before serving and enjoy!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: