Instant Pot® Sweet Potato Vegetable Soup is a hearty and healthy recipe perfect for chilly autumn evenings. This delicious soup is packed with nutrient-rich vegetables, and the Instant Pot® makes it quick and easy to prepare.
Sure to please the whole family
Simply add all of the ingredients to the pot, set the timer, and let the Instant Pot® do the work. In just minutes, you'll have a piping hot bowl of soup that's sure to please the whole family. So why not give Instant Pot® Sweet Potato Vegetable Soup a try tonight? It's sure to become a new fall favorite.
The Goodness of Instant Pot® Sweet Potato Vegetable Soup
Instant Pot® Sweet Potato Vegetable Soup is a good and healthy choice for a number of reasons.
First, it is made with wholesome ingredients like sweet potatoes, carrots, kale, and tomatoes. Second, it is high in fiber and low in calories, making it an ideal choice for those watching their weight.
Third, it is quick and easy to make, thanks to the Instant Pot®. And
fourth, it is absolutely delicious! Whether you are looking for a healthy soup to help you lose weight or simply looking for a delicious and nutritious meal, Instant Pot® Sweet Potato Vegetable Soup is a great choice.
Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are a healthy and delicious option for people looking to improve their diet. They are packed with nutrients, including vitamins A and C, potassium, and fiber. Sweet potatoes also have a low glycemic index, meaning they won't cause spikes in blood sugar levels. Furthermore, sweet potatoes are a good source of antioxidants, which can help to protect cells from damage. Overall, sweet potatoes are an excellent choice for people looking to improve their health.
This was inspired by my other recipe on this site, and pairs well with this amazing sidedish recipe.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Active cook time: 7-8 minutes (+ time to come to pressure)
Natural Release: 10 minutes
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 4 large stalks of celery, diced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- ¼ t. crushed red pepper flakes sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 6 c. chicken or vegetable broth, preferably organic
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, cut into
- 1” chunks2 bay leaves
- 1-pint cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
- 2 c. fresh baby spinach or arugula
- 2 T. fresh lime juice parmesan cheese, freshly shaved or grated
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the “Sauté” function. Add garlic, carrots, celery, red onion, and crushed red pepper flakes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until fragrant and the vegetables start to develop some color. Deglaze by adding broth and scrapping any brown bits off the bottom of the pot. Press cancel.
- Add sweet potatoes, bay leaves, and cherry tomatoes to the pot. Check to be sure seal is in place, the vent is turned to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 3 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and discard bay leaves and woody stems. Stir in fresh baby spinach or arugula and lime juice. Taste and adjust seasonings by adding additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Ladle into bowls, top with freshly shaved or grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
There are several substitutions that you can use. For example, you can use,
- canned sweet potatoes or yams in place of fresh sweet potatoes.
- frozen carrots and celery in place of the fresh vegetables.
- In addition, you can use dried thyme, rosemary, and sage.
These substitutions will help you to create a delicious and healthy Instant Pot® Sweet Potato Vegetable Soup that your family will love.
Instant Pot® Sweet Potato Vegetable Soup is a delicious and easy way to get your daily dose of vegetables. But what if you're looking for something a little different? Here are a few variations that can be applied to Instant Pot® Sweet Potato Vegetable Soup:
- Use different types of potatoes, such as Yukon Gold or red potatoes.
- Substitute sweet potatoes with winter squash, such as butternut squash or pumpkin.
- Add additional vegetables, such as carrots, celery, or corn.
- Stir in some cooked rice or quinoa for extra protein and texture.
- Top with shredded cheese, diced avocado, or a dollop of plain yogurt.
Instant Pot® Sweet Potato Vegetable Soup can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. To store, simply place the soup in an airtight container and refrigerate. When you're ready to enjoy, reheat the soup on the stove or in the microwave until warmed through. Instant Pot® Sweet Potato Vegetable Soup is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy sweet potatoes. The soup is packed with nutrients and is perfect for a quick and easy meal. Instant Pot® Sweet Potato Vegetable Soup is also a great way to use up any leftover sweet potatoes. So, if you have some sweet potatoes that you need to use up, make Instant Pot® Sweet Potato Vegetable Soup!
Tip: Woody herbs, such as rosemary and thyme, should be added prior to cooking, while more tender herbs, such as parsley or basil, should be stirred in when the spinach or arugula is added. (Discard any woody stems from tougher herbs before serving. Tying the stems together prior to cooking with cooking twine makes this super easy).