If you are looking for an easy yet tasty dish that is kid-friendly and will leave the family or a room of friends in admiration, One-Skillet Cheesy Sausage & Peppers is the ideal choice. This yummy comfort food can be easily whipped up for a weeknight dinner or special occasion. The one-pan meal comes together quickly with practically no prep and it has endless variations to customize its flavors.
With just a bit of seasoning, minimal ingredients, and under an hour, you can make something that everyone loves! It's also perfect to be served at events and gatherings.- making it a convenient pick! Let One-Skillet Cheesy Sausage & Peppers be your go-to dish next time when you need something quick and scrumptious!
One-Skillet Cheesy Sausage & Peppers is the ultimate comfort food creation!
One-Skillet Cheesy Sausage & Peppers is the ultimate comfort food creation! It's easy to make, and the flavors just can't be beaten. Plus, the great thing about this dish is that the whole family will love it. The goodness of the crispy, flavorful sausage combined with the colorful bell peppers and the melt-in-your-mouth cheese all come together perfectly in one skillet for an irresistible meal. So if you're looking for a delicious way to get the family around the table, this is definitely the way to go. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Ingredients needed to make One-Skillet Cheesy Sausage & Peppers
- 1¼ lbs. hot Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ large red bell pepper, sliced thin
- ½ large yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- ½ large orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- 4-5 slices mild Provolone cheese
Instructions for making One-Skillet Cheesy Sausage & Peppers
- Heat a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced sausage to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Transfer sausage to a platter and carefully drain all but one tablespoon of grease from the skillet, if needed. Add the onion and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onion softens and starts to develop some color, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add the sliced peppers. Season lightly with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Cook, stirring frequently until the peppers are crisp-tender and start to char, approximately 3-4 minutes. (Do not overcook or the peppers may become mushy).
- Return the sausage to the skillet and stir to combine. Remove from heat and top with the chopped parsley and Provolone cheese slices. Cover and let sit for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove the lid and serve immediately with your choice of wraps and/or side dishes. Enjoy!
One-Skillet Cheesy Sausage & Peppers is the perfect dinner option that can easily be ramped up with a few variations in ingredients. Whether you like to experiment with different meats or simply switch up the spice level, this dish offers plenty of opportunity to change things up. For example, turkey sausage makes a tasty leaner alternative and if you want to give your meal an extra kick, add jalapenos or crushed red pepper. Even better, why not try a combination of all three variations? Experimenting with different flavors will help make this dish a favorite regular on your dinner table.
If you have any leftovers from a delicious One-Skillet Cheesy Sausage & Peppers dinner, storage is key to making sure your meal is as tasty the next day. Once cooked and cooled, it should last for up to three days in an airtight container in the fridge. However, make sure to reheat your leftovers until it’s steaming hot to ensure that they’re safe to eat. If you want it to stay fresh for even longer, keep well-sealed leftovers in the freezer for up to six months - the perfect solution if you don’t want to worry about planning dinner week by week.
Looking to make the perfect One-Skillet Cheesy Sausage & Peppers? Utilize top tips to make it right the first time. Start with a big skillet and cook the sausages in a small batch with some oil until lightly browned. Don't forget to season them with your favorite spices! Then, throw in some aromatics like diced onion, garlic, and bell peppers. Increase heat to medium-high on the stovetop and sauté everything together until vegetables are tender; top with your favorite cheese before serving and you'll have a delicious dish that is sure to please. Enjoy!