If you're looking for a family-friendly recipe that's perfect for get-togethers and events, look no further than these cheesy spinach and ricotta lasagna roll-ups. They're easy to make and always a hit with kids and adults alike.
Plus, they can be prepped ahead of time so you're not stuck in the kitchen all night long. Whether you're throwing a birthday party or just having friends over for dinner, this is the perfect dish to serve.
Cheesy Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Roll-Ups are guaranteed to leave a craving in your mouth for more!
Everyone loves a classic cheesy lasagna recipe, but if you add the spinach and ricotta elements to it, that love intensifies tenfold. Cheesy Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Roll-Ups are guaranteed to leave a craving in your mouth for more! Perfect for any occasion – a hearty meal for dinner or just a snack to keep you going. It's great either way no matter how much of it you eat. The abundance of cheesy goodness mixed with just the right amount of spinach and ricotta makes this dish irresistible and you won't be able to get enough of it!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- Cheesy Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Roll-Ups are guaranteed to leave a craving in your mouth for more!
- Ingredients needed for making Cheesy Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Instructions for making Cheesy Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Top tip
- Cheesy Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Roll-Ups
Ingredients needed for making Cheesy Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- 15 lasagna noodles
- 2 c. ricotta cheese
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese, freshly grated and divided
- ½ c. parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 egg
- ½ c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 8-10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 3 c. marinara sauce, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Instructions for making Cheesy Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Cook lasagna noodles, just shy of al dente, in salted boiling water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine ricotta, ½ cup of grated mozzarella, parmesan, egg, and parsley in a medium mixing bowl.
- Press the spinach in cheesecloth or between paper towels to remove as much moisture as possible. Add to the ricotta mixture breaking it up with your hands or a fork as you add it to the bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spread 1 cup of marinara sauce on the bottom of a large casserole dish.
- Once the noodles have finished cooking, drain and lay in a single layer to prevent sticking together on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan or another flat surface.
- Spread each lasagna noodle with 2-3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture, covering the entire length of the noodle.
- Once noodles are evenly covered with the ricotta mixture, roll noodles and place them into the prepared casserole dish standing upright so you can see the rolled layers on top.
- Cover the noodles with the marinara sauce and sprinkle on the reserved mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the casserole dish with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Some variations on this classic lasagna roll-up dish include switching out ingredients like spinach and ricotta cheese with other variations like kale and cottage cheese. You could also switch out the traditional tomato sauce with something like Alfredo sauce or opt to use sun-dried tomatoes instead. Whatever variations you come up with, these cheesy spinach and ricotta lasagna roll-ups are sure to be a huge hit!
If you're looking for a delicious and convenient storage solution, then look no further than Cheesy Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Roll-Ups. Perfect for meal prepping or a quick dinner, these lasagna roll-ups can last in your fridge for up to 4 days after you've prepared them, so you can enjoy those cheesy and delicious flavors at your leisure.
Here are top tips for making the perfect meal: start by prepping all the ingredients in advance, like the ricotta filling, spinach, grated cheese, and your favorite jar of pasta sauce. Then cook your lasagna noodles until they’re al dente. When they’re ready to work with, layer on half of the ricotta mixture and top with generous handfuls of spinach and grated cheese. Roll them up tight as possible before transferring them to a greased baking dish. Top with your favorite pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese before baking in an oven preheated at 350F until golden brown and bubbly! Enjoy!