One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs is an easy and delicious recipe that will bring a special surprise to any dinner gathering. With fewer than ten ingredients, you'll have this delicious meal on the table in no time!
Note: This is a One-Skillet recipe
One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs are sure to satisfy your family's cravings for something hearty yet healthy and it requires minimal effort. Convenience aside, the unique combination of chicken, cheese, tomatoes and herbs creates a flavor combination that makes One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs the perfect dish for any occasion.
The One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs recipe is an ideal healthy dinner, plus it's Low-Carb.
The One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs recipe is an ideal healthy dinner you can easily whip up at home. It's a dish that combines two healthy staples such as chicken thighs as the main source of protein, and mozzarella cheese as the healthy fat component. Not only is it healthy but it's also incredibly easy to make – even novice cooks can prepare this tasty dish fairly quickly. In addition, other ingredients in the recipe such as diced tomatoes, garlic, and basil help elevate the flavor of this dish into an incredibly flavorful one for a healthy weeknight dinner!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- The One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs recipe is an ideal healthy dinner, plus it's Low-Carb.
- Ingredients needed to make Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
- Instructions for making Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
- Variations on the Mozzarella Chicken Thighs recipe
- Equipment used to make Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
- Storage for the Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
- Top tips for the Mozzarella Chicken Thighs recipe
- Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
Ingredients needed to make Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1½ T. Italian seasoning, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- ¼ c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- ½ c. multi-colored cherry tomatoes, quartered*
- 8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ½ t. red pepper flakes
Sprigs fresh basil
Instructions for making Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
- 1 - Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2 - Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- 3- Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle both sides with one tablespoon of Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to the hot skillet.
- 4 - Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken develops a golden crust. Remove from heat and add butter, chicken broth, and cherry tomatoes. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- 5 - Transfer the skillet into the preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the Mozzarella is melted. Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- 6 - To serve, top chicken with some pan sauce and fresh basil sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately with loaded cauliflower au gratin for a complete LCHF meal or your choice of sides. Enjoy!
Variations on the Mozzarella Chicken Thighs recipe
If you're looking to vary up your dinner routine, a variation on One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs is the perfect solution. There are endless possibilities when it comes to customizing this classic recipe. Why not try adding vegetables like bell peppers or Brussels sprouts? You can also give it an Italian flavor with fresh herbs like oregano, basil and parsley. Sub in Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise or use a spicy buffalo sauce instead of ketchup for a zesty variation that'll make your taste buds sing. No matter what variation you choose, the One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs is sure to please everyone at the dinner table!
Equipment used to make Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
Storage for the Mozzarella Chicken Thighs
The beauty of this recipe is that you can make it your own by adding whatever ingredients are in season. But don't worry about making too much because storage for this dish should be easy and worry-free – its recommended to store leftovers in the fridge up to four days after preparation so you can enjoy them throughout the week!
Top tips for the Mozzarella Chicken Thighs recipe
Making One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs can be a delicious and healthy way to have dinner on the table in no time. To ensure that this recipe turns out perfectly, there are some top tips you should keep in mind. First, it is important to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs for the best results. Next, layering the ingredients properly will result in optimal texture and flavor - top the chicken with tomatoes and cheese for a delicious meal! Lastly, avoid cooking the dish too long – depending on your oven's wattage, 30 minutes of cooking time should do the trick! Follow these top tips and you'll have an amazing dinner with One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: