All you need is a few ingredients and your Instant Pot®, and within minutes, you can have a delicious dinner on the table. This enchilada soup is loaded with protein-packed chicken and fiber-filled vegetables, all cooked together in a savory broth. For those days when you're after something comforting and healthy, Instant Pot® Low-Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup is a must!
Instant Pot® Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup is a delicious, healthy dinner option.
Instant Pot® Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup is a delicious, healthy dinner option. It's got all the delicious taste of classic enchiladas without unhealthy carbs! The Instant Pot® also makes it super quick and easy to make, so you can get this tasty meal on the table in no time. The soup includes several nutrient-rich ingredients like shredded chicken, bell peppers, onions, garlic, chili powder, and cumin; so it packs a healthy punch for your daily diet. Although Instant Pot® Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup may seem indulgent, it's a great way to add some variety and flavor to your dinner without sacrificing health.
Serve your Low-Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup with a side salad for good measure and you have an unbeatable meal that you'll love any day of the week!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Active cook time: 10 minutes (+ time to come to pressure)
Natural release: 10 minutes
Yields: approximately 10 cups
- Instant Pot® Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup is a delicious, healthy dinner option.
- Ingredients needed to make the Low-Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Instructions for making the Low-Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Variations on the Low-Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe
- Storage for the Low-Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Top tips on the Low-Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe
- Low-Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup
Ingredients needed to make the Low-Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 4-oz. can of green chiles, undrained
- 4 c. chicken broth
- ¼ c. sugar-free tomato sauce
- ½ T. chili powder
- 1 t. ground cumin
- ½ t. chipotle powder
- ½ t. smoked paprika
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 c. Mexican-blend cheese, finely shredded (+ additional for garnish)
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro, chopped (+ additional for garnish)
- 1 large avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 large lime, cut into wedges
Instructions for making the Low-Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Place the chicken thighs, bell pepper, tomato, and green chiles in an Instant Pot® cooking container. Pour the chicken broth and tomato sauce on top and sprinkle with the chili powder, ground cumin, chipotle powder, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Add the lid and lock it into place. Flip the pressure valve to “Sealing” and select the “Manual” setting on high. Adjust the cooking time to 10 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before doing a quick release of any remaining steam.
- Remove the lid and carefully transfer the chicken thighs from the Instant Pot® to a plate. Shred the chicken with two forks and return to the pot. Add the Mexican cheese a little at a time to avoid clumping and then the cilantro. Stir until the cheese is completely melted.
- To serve, ladle the soup into individual serving bowls and garnish it with some fresh cilantro, Mexican cheese, and chopped avocado. Serve immediately with lime wedges for squeezing, if desired. Enjoy!
Variations on the Low-Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe
If you're looking for variations to the Instant Pot® Low-Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe, there are plenty! Replace the black beans with kidney beans or pinto beans to add a different flavor and texture. Try adding diced bell peppers for some added color and crunch. For a heartier soup, dice up one chicken breast and add it alongside the cooked shredded chicken for extra protein. You can even serve the soup over cooked rice or turn it into burrito bowls by adding cheese and avocado slices. There's no limit to how creative you can get when making variations of this delicious, healthy dinner recipe.
Storage for the Low-Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup
Planning ahead for dinner is a great way to stay healthy, and making dishes that can be stored for a few days comes in handy during busy weeks. But how long can you keep the Instant Pot® Low-Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe that you just made? Well, you can store any leftovers from this delicious soup in the fridge for up to four days. So go ahead and make extra of this healthy weeknight favorite and enjoy it all week long!
Top tips on the Low-Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe
When prepping for this healthy dinner, the first tip is to have all of your ingredients ready before starting. This will ensure that your Instant Pot® Low-Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup comes out perfectly cooked. It's also a tip to start with sautéing the recipe's vegetables before adding in any liquids - like chicken broth and tomato sauce. Ensuring these are warm before they reach the inside of the Instant Pot® can actually help speed up the cooking process. Along with these top tips, there's no doubt your dinner will be prepared quickly and taste delicious!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: