Roasted Red Beets & Brussels Sprouts is a delicious and healthy recipe that can be enjoyed by the whole family. This dish is perfect for a healthy and filling dinner. Roasted Red Beets & Brussels Sprouts are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, and it is also low in fat and calories.
Roasted Red Beets & Brussels Sprouts is a versatile dish
This recipe is easy to follow and can be prepared in advance. Roasted Red Beets & Brussels Sprouts is a versatile dish that can be served with a variety of sides, such as mashed potatoes, steamed rice, or roasted vegetables. This dish can also be enjoyed on its own or with a salad for a light meal. Roasted Red Beets & Brussels Sprouts is a delicious and healthy recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
The Goodness of Roasted red beets and Brussels sprouts
Roasted red beets and Brussels sprouts are two of the most popular vegetables. They are both members of the Brassica family, which also includes cabbage, broccoli, and kale. Roasting is a great way to cook these vegetables because it brings out their natural sweetness. Red beets are an excellent source of folate, a nutrient that is important for pregnant women. Brussels sprouts are a good source of vitamins K and C. They also contain antioxidants that can help to protect against cancer. Roasted red beets and Brussels sprouts are a delicious and healthy way to enjoy these two popular vegetables.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 3 large red beets, cleaned, peeled, and cut into uniformly thick slices
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, ends removed and cut in half
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 t. garlic powder, divided
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thick slices and quartered
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 T. pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add sliced red beets and Brussels sprouts to a medium bowl and toss with two tablespoons of olive oil and one teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Arrange beets and Brussels sprouts on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat in a single layer without overcrowding.
- Add red onion quarters and brush with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with remaining garlic powder.
- Add fresh thyme sprigs to the baking sheet. Sprinkle vegetables with pink Himalayan sea salt, and black pepper. Place in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are golden brown and other vegetables are fork tender.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Roasted red beets and Brussels sprouts are a classic side dish that can be easily made at home. The beets are roasted in the oven until they are tender, then served with Brussels sprouts that have been sauteed in olive oil. While this dish is simple to make, there are some substitutes that can be used if you don't have all of the ingredients on hand. For the beets, you can use carrots, parsnips, or sweet potatoes. For the Brussels sprouts, you can use kale, collard greens, or cabbage. These substitutes will still give you a delicious and healthy side dish that your family will love.
Roasted Red Beets & Brussels Sprouts is a classic dish that can be enjoyed all year round. While the traditional recipe calls for roasting the beets and Brussels sprouts in the oven, there are many other variations that can be just as delicious. For example, you could try grilling the vegetables for a smoky flavor, or roasting them in a cast-iron skillet for a crispy finish. You could also mix up the spices and herbs that you use to Roasted Red Beets & Brussels Sprouts, or experiment with different types of cheese. The possibilities are endless, so get creative and have fun with it!
Roasted Red Beets & Brussels Sprouts can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. When stored properly in an airtight container, they will stay fresh and delicious. To maximize their shelf life, be sure to Roast them immediately before storing them. For best results, consume within 2 days of Roasting. Once opened, Roasted Red Beets & Brussels Sprouts should be consumed within 3 days.
Roasting is a great way to bring out the natural sweetness of red beets and Brussels sprouts. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your Roasted Red Beets & Brussels Sprouts:
- Cut the beets and Brussels sprouts into even-sized pieces so that they will cook evenly.
- Drizzle with olive oil or melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking.
- Enjoy as is, or top with shredded cheese, diced bacon, or a dollop of sour cream or yogurt.
- Roasted Red Beets & Brussels Sprouts can also be served cold, so feel free to make extra and enjoy them as leftovers.