Having a delicious recipe like roasted salmon with hollandaise sauce can make any family dinner an enjoyable and healthy experience. Not only is this recipe full of flavor and nutrients, but it can also be prepared in under an hour, making it perfect for busy households.
The combination of the protein-rich salmon with the creamy hollandaise is sure to be an instant hit with everyone who has a chance to try it. Getting out of your recipe box and trying something new can really bring some fun and excitement back into the kitchen while still providing your family with nutrition as well!.
How Healthy is Salmon for you?
Salmon is an incredibly healthy, versatile addition to any recipe. From dinner for the family to recipes for special occasions, salmon is a great choice that will satisfy both taste buds and your health. Not only is it incredibly low in calories and full of Omega-3 fatty acids, but it's also rich in protein and vitamins. It can be cooked a variety of ways, providing plenty of delicious recipe options depending on what vegetables or side dishes you have on hand or prefer. Whether baked in the oven, grilled on the barbeque, or steamed over the stovetop, including salmon into your meals regularly is sure to keep your family feeling both full and healthy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Ingredients needed to make Roasted Salmon with Hollandaise Sauce
4 6-oz. salmon fillets
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce:
3 egg yolks
1½ T. lemon juice
⅛ t. salt
⅛ t. cayenne pepper
6 T. unsalted butter
2 T. fresh chives, chopped
Instructions for making Roasted Salmon with Hollandaise Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Place the salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet and brush them with olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven to roast for 12-15 minutes, or just until the salmon flakes easily. Do not overcook.
- Right before the salmon is ready to come out of the oven, add the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper to a high-speed blender and melt the butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave until it is completely liquid and bubbling.
- Blend the egg yolks, lemon juice, and seasonings for several seconds, then slowly drizzle the warm, melted butter into the blender while it is still operating. (Once the butter has been added to the blender, the mixture should quickly develop a smooth, creamy consistency. It if is too thick, add a tablespoon of warm water and blend for another couple of seconds).
- Taste the sauce and add additional lemon juice, salt, or cayenne pepper, as desired. Pour the sauce into a serving container and set it in lukewarm water until ready to use. (Avoid overly hot water as it will cause the eggs to solidify).
- When the cooking time is complete, remove the salmon from the oven and serve immediately with roasted asparagus, broccoli, or your choice of sides. Drizzle some warm hollandaise sauce on top, along with the fresh chives right before serving. Enjoy!
Variations on the Roasted Salmon with Hollandaise Sauce recipe
Roasted Salmon with Hollandaise Sauce is a classic dinner option for families. It's great for picky eaters and is packed with plenty of healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Why not change up the same recipe with some variation? Take your roasted salmon to a whole new level by adding ingredients such as garlic, lemon juice and herbs. Spice up the sauce by including red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce or maybe horseradish! You can even replace the hollandaise sauce altogether with pesto sauce or creamy herb topping. Whether you've been making this same dish for years, or are just trying it out tonight, there's always something new you can do to mix up the variation and surprise your family at dinner time!
Creating a delicious dinner for the family doesn’t have to be time-consuming or unhealthy. The Roasted Salmon with Hollandaise Sauce recipe is a great way to enjoy a meal with all of the flavors without any of the guilt. But how long can it be stored in the fridge? Fortunately, this storage-friendly recipe will remain tasty and fit for consumption for up to 3 days when kept in an airtight container within the refrigerator. With this storage option, you can make this dish ahead of time and have an easy and healthy dinner ready at your own convenience.
When making the delicious and healthy Roasted Salmon with Hollandaise Sauce recipe for your family's next dinner, there are a few top tips to consider. First, it's important to properly thaw the frozen filet overnight before cooking – if you attempt to cook frozen fish, it will likely toughen up and be difficult to consume. Second, preheat the oven so that your salmon cooks consistently - this will help ensure it is prepared perfectly every time. Finally, when preparing hollandaise sauce, make sure all elements come together at the exact same time so you don't have too much separation in the sauce. Pay attention to these top tips and you'll be sure to have a meal your whole family can enjoy!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: