Sizzling chicken fajitas are the perfect recipe for a delicious and flavorful dinner! All you need is a cast iron skillet to create this delightful meal. Chicken, bell peppers, and onions are all marinated in a combination of spices before getting pan-seared in the skillet over medium-high heat.
Once done cooking, serve on warm flour tortillas with your favorite toppings and sauces. Enjoy this classic as is or add some traditional sides like Mexican rice or refried beans for a complete meal that's sure to be enjoyed by all. Sizzling chicken fajitas will make any night a success!
Sizzling chicken fajitas are a delicious and crowd-pleasing hit at any gathering.
Sizzling chicken fajitas are a delicious and crowd-pleasing hit at any gathering. Whether you’re hosting a brunch, dinner, or a football party, Sizzling Chicken Fajitas will have everyone asking for seconds. This incredibly easy recipe can easily feed a large group of people without taking too much time to prepare. Sizzling Chicken Fajitas are not just tasty – the aroma of garlic, cilantro and the irresistible sizzle is sure to make your mouth water! Super flavorful and easy to make, Sizzling Chicken Fajitas are sure to be a hit at whatever occasion you're cooking up next.
Prep time:10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients needed to make Sizzling Chicken Fajitas
Fajita Marinade Ingredients:2 t. chili powder
1 t. ground cumin
1 t. smoked paprika
½ t. onion powder
½ t. garlic powder
¼ t. cayenne pepper
½ t. dried Mexican oregano
½ t. salt
¼ t. black pepper
3 T. extra virgin olive oil
1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¼ c. extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 medium white onion, sliced
2 large avocados, sliced
2 large limes, cut into wedges
½ c. fresh cilantro, chopped
Instructions for making Sizzling Chicken Fajitas
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts to a large, non-reactive bowl and pour the marinade on top. Turn the breasts to ensure all pieces are equally coated. Allow to marinate at room temperature up to one hour or cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- To prepare the fajitas, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Remove chicken breasts from the marinade and discard the remaining liquid. Place chicken breasts in skillet and cook for 7-8 minutes before turning. Continue cooking for another 6-8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and keep warm.
Tip: An instant-read thermometer (like this one - https://amzn.to/40eqEbH should read 160 degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken. The heat will continue to rise another 5 degrees while the meat rests.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add remaining olive oil to skillet. Add the sliced peppers and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until crisp tender, and nicely browned, approximately 6-7 minutes.
- To serve, cut the chicken breasts into thin slices and divide among cast iron fajita platters if using, (see tip above) or individual serving plates. Serve immediately with peppers, onions, sliced avocado, lime wedges, and fresh cilantro, if desired, on the side.
Sizzling Chicken Fajitas are a delicious and easy twist on the classic Mexican favorite. With variations that range from black beans to jalapenos, they're sure to please any crowd or individual. Serve them on a cast iron skillet for that classic sizzle you can enjoy as part of your meal. As a great addition to Taco Tuesday, or even as an exciting new twist on dinner night, Sizzling Chicken Fajitas are sure to be flavor-packed and satisfying!
Hosting a dinner party? Sizzling Chicken Fajitas are definitely the way to go! Store them in the fridge in an airtight container and they'll be good for up to three days. For best results, use a cast iron skillet when you heat the prepared mixture before serving. By following these storage tips you can guarantee delicious, mouthwatering Sizzling Chicken Fajitas that your guests will love!
Our top tips will have you prepping, cooking, and enjoying your delicious homemade meal in no time.
First of all, make sure your cast iron skillet is good and hot before you add in any ingredients—this is what gives your fajitas their sizzle.
Secondly, to ensure juicy and flavorful chicken, mix together top-quality spices before seasoning with salt.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: