Warm up your family's taste buds with a Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast! This recipe brings sweet and savory flavors together in a delicious and unique way. Inspired by Latin flavors, it marinates juicy pork butt roast with accents of pineapple and chilly peppers for just the right amount of heat!
This is sure to become a favorite dish at any dinner table, from weeknight meals to holidays. The recipes is easy enough for anyone to make – even for kitchen novices! So why not give it a try? With its delectable combination of spices, your family won't be disappointed.
Sweet pineapple juice and savory seasonings together create a delightfully flavorful aromatic mix.
It may seem like an unlikely pairing of flavors, but the combination works surprisingly well! Sweet pineapple juice and savory seasonings together create a delightfully flavorful aromatic mix that will have your family wanting more. The spice level can be adjusted according to preference, making it an incredibly versatile dish. Whether served as an occasional meal or a special occasion dinner, Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast is sure to impress with its delicious taste and wide appeal!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 3-8 hours
- Sweet pineapple juice and savory seasonings together create a delightfully flavorful aromatic mix.
- Ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker - Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast
- Instructions for making Slow Cooker - Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast
- Variations on the Slow Cooker - Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast recipe
- Equipment needed to make Slow Cooker - Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast
- Storage for the Slow Cooker - Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast
- Top tips for the Slow Cooker - Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast recipe
- Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast
Ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker - Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 16-oz. fresh pineapple, cut into 1” chunks
- ¼ c. gluten-free soy sauce*
- 2 t. rice wine vinegar
- 1 T. honey
- 1 T. sesame oil
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 t. five-spice powder
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1” chunks
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 2 T. natural, creamy peanut butter
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 4-5 lb. pork shoulder butt roast, trimmed
Salt and black pepper, to taste
¼ c. fresh pineapple juice
- 3 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
Optional: 2 T. arrowroot
Instructions for making Slow Cooker - Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast
- Add onion, fresh pineapple chunks, soy sauce (*can substitute coconut aminos), rice wine vinegar, honey, sesame oil, garlic, five-spice powder, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, and peanut butter to a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker crock. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season trimmed pork roast on all sides with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to hot skillet and sear on all sides, approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer seared pork to slow cooker crock.
- Reduce heat to medium and deglaze skillet with fresh pineapple juice. Use a spatula to scrape up flavorful brown bits from bottom of pan. Remove from heat and pour pan juices into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook over high heat for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8. When finished, stir in fresh cilantro and transfer pork and pineapple mixture to a serving platter with a slotted spoon. Cover and keep warm.
- Optional: If desired, create a slurry by combining 2 tablespoons arrowroot and ¼ cup of juices from the slow cooker. Transfer the remaining juices from the slow cooker to a large skillet over medium-high heat and whisk in the arrowroot slurry until well combined. Cook for several minutes or until sauce is reduced and thickened.
To serve, spoon warm pork and pineapple mixture over a bed of cooked brown or cilantro-lime rice. Top with the juices or thickened sauce, if desired, and enjoy!
Variations on the Slow Cooker - Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast recipe
If you want to add some variations to the classic Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast recipe, the options are endless! You could swap out the pork for chicken if you prefer something lighter. Instead of a regular pineapple, you can try adding some tropical fruits or shredded mango for a little sweetness. If you're looking for some extra heat, you can throw in jalapenos or even add chili powder. No matter what variations you choose, this is sure to be a flavorful dinner that everyone will enjoy!
Equipment needed to make Slow Cooker - Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast
Storage for the Slow Cooker - Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast
With storage being a key element in meal planning, there is no wonder that the Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast has become a favorite go-to recipe for busy dinners. This hearty roast can be thrown together with ease and then stored in the fridge for up to three days so that leftovers can still be enjoyed by the family - always a bonus! If you're looking for an easy storage solution to whip up delicious recipes ahead of time, it just doesn't get better than this!
Top tips for the Slow Cooker - Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast recipe
Getting dinner on the table doesn't have to be complicated! Next time you're in search of a delicious recipe, try the Spicy Pineapple Pork Butt Roast. Made with a combination of sweet pineapple and spicy jalapeno peppers, this recipe offers a flavorful blend that will have your guests licking their plates clean. If you've never made this dish before, here are some top tips to keep in mind: make sure to season your roast generously with salt, brown it in an oven-safe pan before transferring to the slow cooker, and top it off with more jalapenos and pineapple. With these tips in mind, you'll be able to create an irresistible dinner everyone will love.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: