A Spinach and Feta cheese Frittata is an ideal breakfast, lunch, or dinner meal. It's an easy recipe to make and contains healthy ingredients such as real eggs, spinach, and feta cheese, which all provide essential vitamins and minerals beneficial to your body.
Best of all, it's tasty but surprisingly simple to make - no special kitchen skills are required! With the right ingredients on hand, you can mix Spinach and Feta Cheese Frittata together in no time. When you're done you'll have an impressive-looking breakfast that looks amazing while providing wholesome nutrition you can feel confident about eating all day long.
The goodness of Spinach and Feta Cheese Frittata
Spinach and Feta Cheese Frittata is a dish that stands out for the goodness of its ingredients. High-quality feta cheese, combined with the freshness of spinach, makes the frittata an exquisite treat. Depending on the recipe you are using, the additional ingredients such as garlic, olive oil, and oregano will add depth to the taste. It’s a dish that is incredibly easy to prepare and does not take long to cook. Not only does it taste delicious but may be packed with nutrients – the combination of eggs, spinach, and feta cheese make the perfect recipe for a healthy meal. Spinach and Feta Cheese Frittata can also be served as part of an appetizer or as the main attraction at brunch. So if you’re looking for something full of flavor and nutritious, this is definitely your best bet!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients needed to make Spinach and Feta Cheese Frittata
- 1 T olive oil
- 10 eggs
- ½ c. heavy whipping cream sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 c. fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ c. parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ½ c. fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Grease a large cast iron skillet or a baking dish with one tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and the heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread the green pepper, scallions, spinach, and cherry tomatoes on the bottom of the prepared skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies.
- Top with feta and parmesan cheese.
- Bake until the eggs are fully set and slightly browned around the edges, 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve topped with fresh basil. Enjoy!
If you're looking for a variation on your ordinary breakfast routine, look no further- spinach and feta cheese frittata is sure to provide the variation you seek. A great variation when making this frittata is to experiment with different types of cheeses - mixing in cheddar, ricotta or Greek Kasseri Cheese is an easy way to add depth and flavor. You can also substitute cooked potatoes for the spinach, adding a crunch and savory flavor to the dish that you don't usually get with frittatas! Adding chopped fresh herbs like basil or parsley are another variation that is sure to be appreciated by your taste buds.
Whether it's experimenting with different cheeses or adding fresh herbs, there are plenty of ways to vary up your spinach and feta cheese frittata without straying too far away from the classic dish.
Spinach and Feta Cheese Frittata is a tasty and nutritious combination of ingredients that can be enjoyed year-round. But storage and longevity can become an issue with this type of food, as the combination of dairy products, eggs, and spinach all have different recommended storage solutions.
If you're in the mood for a delicious spinach and feta cheese frittata, top tips to remember when making this dish are to be sure to chop the vegetables both small enough and evenly so they will cook evenly throughout. Additionally, adding salt, pepper and oregano can definitely make the taste more delicious. Be careful not to overcook your frittata as it shouldn’t be too dry else it will turn chewy. To ensure a perfect texture, top with some grated cheese for extra creaminess! Lastly, don't forget about presentation – top with fresh herbs or some zesty lemon zest for extra interest.