This Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette is not only tasty, but it's also healthy for you and your family. The homemade vinaigrette is made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and salt and pepper. The salad also includes fresh strawberries, fennel, spinach, and arugula.
Serve strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette as a side dish or a main course.
You can serve this salad as a side dish or a main course. Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette is a great way to get your family to eat their vegetables. The salad is full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette is a healthy way to eat.
What is so good about Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette?
Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette is a good thing because of the homemade vinaigrette. The vinaigrette is made with olive oil, vinegar, and spices. The salad has a light, refreshing taste and is healthy too. Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette is also low in calories and fat. It is a good source of fiber and vitamins A and C. Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette is a good choice for a light meal or snack.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: n/a
- Serve strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette as a side dish or a main course.
- What is so good about Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette?
- Instructions for making Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
- Top tip
- Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
- Dressing Ingredients:
¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T. rice wine vinegar
1 t. Dijon mustard
½ t. Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Salad Ingredients:
2 c. baby spinach, rinsed and patted dry
2 c. baby arugula, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 c. strawberries, sliced4 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
Optional: Sprigs of fresh basil, for garnish
Instructions for making Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together all ingredients in a glass or other non-reactive bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Transfer to a serving container and set aside.
- Arrange the spinach and arugula on a serving platter and top with sliced fennel, strawberries, and Feta cheese.
- Serve immediately with chilled salad plates and dressing on the side. Enjoy!
The sweetness of the strawberries is balanced by the slight anise flavor of the fennel, and the homemade vinaigrette adds a touch of acidity. This salad is also incredibly versatile, and there are many different ways that you can change it up. For example, you could swap out the strawberries for another type of berries or stone fruit. you could also add in some chopped nuts or crumbled cheese. And, of course, you can always play around with the vinaigrette, adding in different herbs or swapping out the vinegar for lemon juice. No matter how you make it, Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette is sure to be a hit!
Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette is a popular dish that can be enjoyed all year round. The combination of sweet strawberries, crunchy fennel, and tart vinaigrette is a perfect balance of flavors. This salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. The key to keeping this salad fresh is to properly store it. Be sure to keep the salad in an airtight container so that the vinaigrette does not lose its flavor. When ready to serve, give the salad a good mix so that all of the ingredients are evenly coated with dressing. Enjoy!
Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette is a wonderfully light and refreshing dish that is perfect for summer gatherings. If you're looking to impress your guests with a beautiful and delicious salad, Strawberry Fennel Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette is the way to go! Here are some top tips for making this salad:
- Use fresh strawberries for the best flavor. If you can't find fresh strawberries, you can use frozen ones, but make sure to thaw them first.
- Choose a good quality feta cheese for the salad. A strong-flavored cheese will really make the flavors pop.
- Don't skimp on the quality of the olive oil for the dressing. A good extra virgin olive oil will really elevate the flavor of the dressing.
- To save time, you can make the dressing in advance and store it in the fridge until you're ready to use it. Just give it a good shake before using it.
- The salad can be served immediately after making it, but it tastes even better if you let it sit for an hour or so to allow the flavors to meld together. So, if you have some time before your guests arrive, let the salad sit and then serve it at its very best!