Baked Avocado Fries are a unique recipe and the perfect appetizer to enjoy at a family gathering or party. These delicious fries are made with freshly diced avocados that are lightly coated in a crunchy breading of panko crumbs.
They are then baked until crispy, giving them an irresistible flavor that your guests won’t be able to resist. You can enjoy these french fry-like avocado appetizers alone or pair them with your favorite condiments such as ranch or guacamole dip for an extra kick of flavor. Step outside the box with your next menu selection and try out this fun recipe for Baked Avocado Fries!
What is Baked Avocado Fries?
Baked Avocado Fries are a delicious recipe perfect for an appetizer or snack at parties or with your family. All you need is some avocado, garlic powder, chili powder, breadcrumbs, and an egg for the recipe. This simple recipe yields golden crispy fries with creamy avocados inside. The batter perfectly crisps up in the oven giving these fries a satisfying crunch when you bite into them. Not only do they look amazing but they taste heavenly too! Make sure to serve them while still warm so everyone can enjoy the recipe’s full flavor!
Prep time: 12 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
- What is Baked Avocado Fries?
- Ingredients needed to make Baked Avocado Fries
- Instructions for making Baked Avocado Fries
- How Healthy is the Baked Avocado Fried?
- Variations on The Best Appetizing Baked Avocado Fries recipe
- Storage for the Baked Avocado Fries
- Top tip
- The Best Appetizing Baked Avocado Fries
Ingredients needed to make Baked Avocado Fries
2 medium avocados
½ c. almond flour
5 T. finely grated parmesan cheese
1 t. garlic powder
2 t. Italian seasoning
2 t. water
Garlic Dipping Sauce:½ c. mayonnaise
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium lemon, zested and juiced to yield 2 T. juice
¼ c. fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for making Baked Avocado Fries
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or a piece of parchment paper.
- Peel and slice each avocado in half. Cut each half into 6 wedges, rendering 12 wedges from each avocado.
- In a shallow dish, mix almond flour, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip each avocado wedge into the egg mixture, then place in the dish with the parmesan breading mixture. Using a spoon, toss the breading on top of the avocado, ensuring that the entire avocado wedge is nicely coated with the breading mixture. Repeat with all 24 wedges.
- Place wedges on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes. Gently flip over and bake for 5-6 additional minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool on baking sheet 2-3 minutes.
- While the fries are cooling, combine mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve avocado fries alongside the garlic dipping sauce. Enjoy!
How Healthy is the Baked Avocado Fried?
Baked Avocado Fries are an incredibly healthy appetizer that can easily be shared with family and friends during a party. It is a great alternative to traditional fried snacks, as it is low in calories and cholesterol. It also makes for a healthy snack without sacrificing flavor. The recipe for these delicious baked fries is easy to follow and takes less than thirty minutes to complete. With this healthy treat, there's no need to worry about counting calories or breaking your diet! Baked Avocado Fries are sure to please the whole family and will be the star of your next gathering.
Variations on The Best Appetizing Baked Avocado Fries recipe
Baked Avocado Fries are the perfect appetizer for a family dinner or party! With variations, you can easily customize the recipe to your own liking. If you're looking for something more savory, try topping them with a light sprinkling of feta cheese and chili powder. A hint of lime juice or garlic also take these fries from mundane to mouth-watering! For those with a sweet tooth, consider adding in some extra brown sugar or cinnamon for a sweet twist on an otherwise savory appetizer. The variations are endless when it comes to Baked Avocado Fries – so have fun with it, and create something new and delicious!
Storage for the Baked Avocado Fries
Baked Avocado Fries are a delicious and healthy appetizer perfect for any situation, from family get-togethers to large parties. This tasty recipe is easy to store, as the cooked fries can be refrigerated for up to four days in an airtight container. If you're looking for a way to make something special for a gathering that won't take up all your storage space, Baked Avocado Fries are the perfect option. With storage lasting up to four days in the fridge, you can make this delicious snack and enjoy it again and again!
Making Baked Avocado Fries is a great way to enjoy a healthy appetizer, whether you're throwing a party or just having dinner with your family. To ensure top-notch results, it's important to follow these top tips.
First, pick the ripest avocados you can find as they will be soft and creamy once cooked. Second, cut the avocados into even-sized slices so they bake evenly.
Third, coat them lightly in an egg wash before rolling them in panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese so they have the perfect crunch when baked.
Fourth, pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes until golden and serve hot with a choice of dipping sauces.
Try this delicious recipe for your next gathering - your friends and family will love it!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: