Baked Cinnamon Apples are the perfect comfort food for a cozy night in. This classic recipe is always a family favorite; it's easy to make, delicious and comforting. The fresh apples are baked with warm cinnamon spice, giving them an unmistakable flavor.
Adding a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream is a great way to take it up a notch! There’s really nothing quite like the smell and taste of Baked Cinnamon Apples, especially when shared with friends and family. Wherever you’re gathering around the table, this dessert is sure to be a hit!
Baked Cinnamon Apples might just be the best dessert out there
Baked Cinnamon Apples might just be the best dessert out there. It's a family favorite with the perfect combination of flavors and warmth that makes you feel cozy. Even if you're not typically a fan of apples, this recipe is sure to win you over. The best part is how incredibly easy it is to make - all you need are some fresh apples, cinnamon, butter, and maple syrup - so everyone can make it themselves!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
Ingredients needed to make Baked Cinnamon Apples
- 3 T. unsalted butter, melted (plus extra for greasing)
- 2 large apples, peeled and diced
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 3 T. pure maple syrup, divided
- ¾ c. almond flour
Instructions for making Baked Cinnamon Apples
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a small baking dish with a little butter. Set aside.
- Toss the apples with the cinnamon and a tablespoon of maple syrup and pour them into the prepared baking dish. Spread apple mixture into an even layer and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, melted butter, and remaining maple syrup. Stir to combine thoroughly, then evenly spread the mixture over the cinnamon apples.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake until the topping is golden brown and the apples are tender approximately 25 - 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for a couple of minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Baked Cinnamon Apples are a family favorite dessert that can be easily changed up to create variations of the recipe. You can even leave out some of the main ingredients and replace them with other items you have on hand. For example, one variation might include adding brown sugar or maple syrup to make it even sweeter. Another option is to use different types of apples; you don't have to stick with just one variety. Try using two special kinds like Pink Lady and Granny Smith apples together to add a contrast in flavor. With variations like these, you never get tired of this delicious baked cinnamon apple recipe!
We all know the delicious taste of a classic dessert such as Baked Cinnamon Apples. If you want to save some for later, storage options become an important question. Fortunately, Baked Cinnamon Apples are renowned for their storage capabilities and can be kept in the refrigerator for up to one week! Perfect for when weekend cravings hit, this family favorite is sure to bring joy whether eaten right away or later during the week.
When it comes to top tips for making baked cinnamon apples, it's hard to top this delicious dessert. Always start with top-quality ingredients; make sure to choose nice, firm apples that hold their shape well. Peel the apple and slice them into generous pieces, then smother them in a generous amount of butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon before baking them in the oven. This family favorite is done once the top is lightly golden, allowing all of those wonderful flavors to meld together in one glorious bite!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: