Serve up something healthy and delicious for dinner tonight with this easy-to-follow recipe of Baked Gnocchi with Italian Sausage and Baby Power Greens. This dish is sure to be a hit as it combines the hearty flavors of the sausage with fresh greens and a creamy sauce topping.
The gnocchi provides an interesting texture while the power greens add a refreshing crunch to the entire meal. Assemble everything together in a single dish, bake in your oven, and serve it as an amazing dinner that is sure to leave everyone satisfied. Perfect for busy cooks and health enthusiasts alike, this unique recipe will become part of your regular rotation in no time!
Baked Gnocchi with Italian Sausage - the entire dish can be put together in one baking pan
Baked Gnocchi with Italian Sausage is an incredibly delicious yet simple recipe that makes for a perfect dinner any night of the week. The ingredients are easily accessible, and it is straightforward to make. The gnocchi is tender and the sausage adds an amazing flavor that complements the herbs beautifully. Moreover, there's no need to pre-cook anything because the entire dish can be put together in one baking pan! All in all, this meal has all the qualities of a truly satisfying dinner.
Note: This recipe calls for baby power greens and cheese.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- Baked Gnocchi with Italian Sausage - the entire dish can be put together in one baking pan
- Ingredients needed to make Baked Gnocchi with Italian Sausage
- Instructions for making Baked Gnocchi with Italian Sausage
- Variations on the Baked Gnocchi with Italian Sausage Recipe
- Top tip
- Baked Gnocchi with Italian Sausage
Ingredients needed to make Baked Gnocchi with Italian Sausage
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ lb. Italian sausage Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 c. baby power greens,
- 1 16-oz. package of refrigerated gnocchi
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- ½ c. heavy cream
- ½ c. whole milk
- 1 c. grated fontina
- ¼ c. fresh parsley, chopped
Instructions for making Baked Gnocchi with Italian Sausage
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 3 qt. casserole dish and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and Italian sausage. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon until the vegetables are tender, and the sausage is browned, 5-6 minutes.
- Add the power greens and continue cooking until they wilt 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare gnocchi according to package directions in salted boiling water.
- Add cream cheese, heavy cream, and milk to the sausage mixture and continue cooking until the cream sauce is bubbly and the cream cheese is nicely melted, another 2-3 minutes.
- When gnocchi has finished cooking, drain and add to the sausage mixture. Stir to coat.
- Transfer the gnocchi and sausage mixture into the prepared casserole dish and top with fontina cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until everything is hot and bubbly and the cheese is melted and is light golden brown.
- Top with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Variations on the Baked Gnocchi with Italian Sausage Recipe
Looking to switch up your dinner routine? Look no further than making variations of the Baked Gnocchi with Italian Sausage and Baby Power Greens recipe. This is a great way to get creative in the kitchen and bring something unique to your dining experience! Depending on your dietary restrictions, you can experiment by changing out the sausage for turkey bacon or using gluten-free gnocchi if necessary. For a heartier dish, top off the baked gnocchi with lettuce or spinach. You can also introduce different flavors into your variations by adding various herbs and spices such as basil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, rosemary and red pepper flakes. So make sure you don’t settle for boring meals every night - try variations of this special recipe and enjoy a healthy dinner!
If you're looking for a delicious yet healthy dinner option, Baked Gnocchi with Italian Sausage and Baby Power Greens is an excellent recipe to try. And the storage couldn't be simpler - after you've cooked the dish, it can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. This storage option not only makes this recipe accessible but lets you enjoy it multiple times without having to cook every day. The vibrant vegetables, rich Italian sausage, and fluffy gnocchi make this tasty creation a great addition to meal prepping and dinners alike.
If you're looking for a delicious, healthy dinner option, then the Baked Gnocchi with Italian Sausage and Baby Power Greens recipe is a perfect choice. Here are some top tips to ensure your meal comes out just right! First and foremost, while prepping the ingredients make sure to sauté the sausage before adding it to the dish. This helps lock in all of the Italian flavors! Next, when preparing the gnocchi make sure to lightly coat each piece with vegetable oil before baking as this helps them become perfectly golden brown on top. Lastly, when assembling all of the components for baking use only enough olive oil is necessary - too much oil can cause a greasy end product! With these top tips in mind, you'll be well on your way to creating a fantastic dinner that's both tasty and nutritionally sound.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: