Black bean stew is so delicious and perfect for those chilly winter nights. It's easy to make, but you can customize it with your favorite additions! Whether it's rice or quinoa that sounds good in this dish- there are endless possibilities when making something from scratch like myself - who doesn't love a meal full of flavors?
It's hearty and filling, but also healthy and packed with protein. Plus, it's super easy to make in one pot. This recipe is my go-to when I'm looking for a comforting meal that will still leave me feeling good the next day.
Give it a try next time you're looking for a cozy meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, black beans, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and avocado and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top with the jalapeño, cilantro, and any other desired toppings. Enjoy!
Health benefits of eating Black Beans
Black beans are a nutritional powerhouse, packing a serious punch of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. And they're not just good for you - black beans have been shown to have some pretty impressive health benefits. From improving heart health to stabilizing blood sugar levels, black beans are definitely worth adding to your diet. Here's a look at some of the top health advantages of eating black beans.Print