Caprese Skillet Chicken Thighs is one of the easiest and most flavorful chicken recipes you'll ever make! This 30-minute dish features tender, juicy chicken thighs cooked in a simple tomato sauce with fresh mozzarella and basil.
A classic flavor combination.
Caprese skillet chicken thighs are a delicious and easy way to enjoy a classic flavor combination. The dish is made by combining chicken thighs with a variety of fresh ingredients, including tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese. The result is a flavorful and nourishing meal that can be enjoyed any time of day.
Sure to please
Caprese skillet chicken thighs are a great option for those who are looking for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner. They are also perfect for entertaining, as they can be served as an appetizer or main course. Caprese skillet chicken thighs are sure to please any crowd.
The perfect weeknight meal
It's the perfect weeknight meal that your whole family will love! To make this dish, simply season your chicken thighs with salt and pepper and cook them in a large skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Then, add some fresh mozzarella cheese, and some chopped basil leaves. Cover the skillet and bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve over a bed of cooked pasta or rice, and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1½ tablespoon Italian seasoning, divided
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half or quartered depending on size
- 8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ¼” thick ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- Several sprigs of fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- You will need a large, oven-safe skillet for this. Heat it up on medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Put Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Add chicken thighs and olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Toss to evenly coat. Put it in the hot skillet.
- Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes per side, or until it has a golden brown crust. Remove from heat and add butter, chicken stock, and cherry tomatoes. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese, and sprinkle with the remaining Italian seasoning mixture. Season to taste with additional salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes if needed.
- Put the skillet into the preheated oven. Bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes. Check for the chicken to be cooked through and the Mozzarella cheese is melted.
Take it out of the oven and let it cool down for about 5 minutes.
- To serve, spoon pan sauce over chicken and top with fresh basil sprigs. Enjoy!