Imagine biting into a warm, savory muffin that's not only delicious but also healthy. That's the magic of Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins. Packed with the goodness of cauliflower and ooey-gooey cheese, these muffins are the ultimate breakfast treat. They're fluffy, flavorful, and incredibly satisfying.
Whether you're grabbing one on a busy morning or savoring it leisurely with a cup of coffee, these muffins are a delightful way to start your day on a cheesy, cauliflower-infused note. Plus, they're a sneaky way to get some veggies in early!
They're incredibly versatile, making it easy to cater to your taste buds.
And the best part? You can customize these muffins to your heart's content. Add a dash of herbs for extra flavor, throw in some diced bell peppers or spinach for added freshness, or go wild with your choice of cheese. They're incredibly versatile, making it easy to cater to your taste buds. Plus, these muffins are perfect for meal prepping, so you can enjoy a wholesome, homemade breakfast all week long. Whether you're a cauliflower enthusiast or just looking for a tasty, grab-and-go breakfast, these Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins are a delightful addition to your morning routine.
- They're incredibly versatile, making it easy to cater to your taste buds.
- Ingredients needed to make Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins
- How to make Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins
- Variations on the Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins recipe
- Equipment used when making Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins
- Storage for the Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins
- Top tips for making Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins
- Make your mornings with Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins
Ingredients needed to make Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers
- 2½ c. fresh riced cauliflower
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled, divided
- 1¼ c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- ½ t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 5 large eggs
- ⅓ c. water
Special equipment: 12-cup muffin tin
How to make Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins
- Place top oven rack in center position and pre-heat oven to 375°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Remove the stem and seeds from one of the jalapeño peppers and finely dice the rest. Slice the remaining pepper into 12 thin rings and set aside.
- Add the diced jalapeño, riced cauliflower, ⅔ of the crumbled bacon, one cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, and the garlic powder to the bowl and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Whisk eggs and water together in a medium bowl and pour on top of the riced cauliflower mixture. Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Note: If the mixture is too thick, add a couple tablespoons of water to the mixture to create a batter-like consistency.
- Divide the cauliflower batter among the openings in the prepared muffin tin. Top each muffin with some of the remaining bacon, shredded cheese, and one of the jalapeño rings.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake 20-25 minutes or until the egg is set and the muffins are golden brown on top. Remove from oven and cool for several minutes before serving. Remaining muffins can be stored in the refrigerator for several days or frozen for later use. Enjoy!
Variations on the Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins recipe
here are 10 delicious variations to try with your Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins recipe:
- Spinach and Feta: Add chopped spinach and crumbled feta cheese for a Mediterranean twist.
- Bacon and Cheddar: Mix in crispy bacon bits and sharp cheddar cheese for a savory, smoky flavor.
- Sausage and Peppers: Brown some sausage and fold it into the batter with diced bell peppers for a hearty muffin.
- Mushroom and Swiss: Sauté mushrooms until they're golden and mix them with Swiss cheese for an earthy, nutty muffin.
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil: Incorporate sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil leaves for a burst of Mediterranean flavor.
- Broccoli and Cheddar: Steam and chop broccoli florets, then combine them with sharp cheddar cheese for a veggie-packed muffin.
- Ham and Swiss: Diced ham and Swiss cheese create a classic combo that's both savory and satisfying.
- Onion and Parmesan: Sautéed onions and grated Parmesan cheese give your muffins a savory, umami kick.
- Mexican-Inspired: Add diced jalapeños, bell peppers, and a pinch of chili powder for a spicy, Southwestern twist.
- Herb and Garlic: Mix in fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, and minced garlic for a fragrant and flavorful muffin.
Feel free to get creative and experiment with your favorite ingredients to make these Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins uniquely your own. Enjoy the versatility and deliciousness!
Equipment used when making Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins
Storage for the Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins
You can store Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. To keep them fresh, place them in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag. When you're ready to enjoy them, you can reheat them in the microwave or oven until they're warmed through. If you plan to keep them longer, it's a good idea to freeze them. Properly stored in the freezer, these muffins can stay good for up to 2-3 months. Just make sure to wrap them well in plastic wrap and then place them in an airtight container or freezer bag to prevent freezer burn.
Top tips for making Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins
here are 10 top tips to keep in mind when making Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins:
- Grate the Cauliflower: Grate the cauliflower finely to ensure it blends seamlessly into the muffin batter, adding moisture and nutrition.
- Drain Excess Moisture: After grating the cauliflower, place it in a clean kitchen towel or paper towels and squeeze to remove excess moisture. This prevents soggy muffins.
- Precook Ingredients: If using ingredients like bacon or sausage, precook them and allow them to cool before adding to the muffin batter.
- Cheese Variety: Experiment with different cheese varieties for varied flavors. Sharp cheddar, mozzarella, or even creamy goat cheese can work wonders.
- Fresh Herbs: Fresh herbs like chives, parsley, or dill can enhance the muffins' taste and add a burst of freshness.
- Use Silicone Muffin Liners: Silicone liners are excellent for easy removal and cleanup, as the muffins are less likely to stick.
- Proper Seasoning: Don't forget to season your muffins well with salt, pepper, and any preferred spices for enhanced flavor.
- Cooling Time: Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack. This prevents them from getting too moist.
- Freezing: These muffins freeze well. Make a batch and freeze them individually for a quick, nutritious breakfast option.
- Customize Toppings: Before baking, add extra cheese, a sprinkle of herbs, or a few slices of tomato on top of each muffin for an appealing finish.
Remember, these Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins are versatile, so feel free to get creative with ingredients and seasonings to suit your taste preferences. Enjoy your homemade breakfast muffins!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: