Cinnamon and apples are a classic flavor combination, and this Cinnamon Apple Tart recipe takes it to the next level. The tart is made with a flaky, buttery crust and filled with a mixture of Cinnamon Apples. The whole thing is then topped with Maple Whipped Cream. This Cinnamon Apple Tart is the perfect dessert for Fall! The recipe is easy to follow and can be made in advance. So what are you waiting for? Get baking!
One of the best desserts
Cinnamon Apple Tarts with Maple Whipped Cream is one of the best desserts you could ever have. The Cinnamon Apple Tarts are warm, gooey, and full of cinnamon flavor while the Maple Whipped Cream is light, fluffy, and has a hint of sweetness. Combined, they make the perfect dessert that is sure to please everyone. Cinnamon Apple Tarts with Maple Whipped Cream is also very simple to make. All you need is some apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, flour, butter, and cream. You can easily find all of these ingredients at your local grocery store. So, if you are looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dessert, Cinnamon Apple Tarts with Maple Whipped Cream are a perfect choice.
Prep time: 20 minutes (+ time to thaw puff pastry)
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
Yields: 4 apple tarts
- 1 pack of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 T. water
3 T. unsalted butter
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut into thin slices
- 2 T. brown sugar
2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. nutmeg
- 1 t. ground cloves
- Whipped Cream Ingredients:
1 pint of heavy whipped cream
- 2 T. maple syrup
- Defrost puff pastry in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Adjust top oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, blend 1 pint of heavy whipping cream with a hand or immersion blender it doubles in volume. Then, drizzle maple syrup into the bowl and continue blending until the mixture is light and fluffy. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Prepare an egg wash by beating one egg yolk with water until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Remove thawed puff pastry from refrigerator. Place pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll dough into a uniform square shape. Cut into 4 equal-sized squares and place squares on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat.
- Dock (pierce with a fork) the center of each pastry square and place the baking sheet in the freezer while preparing the apple mixture.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add apple slices and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves to pan. Stir to combine, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove prepared puff pastry from the freezer and spoon one-quarter of the apple mixture into the center of each square. Fold each corner toward the middle of the square to “close” the pastry, but leave a couple openings to vent.
- Brush puff pastry with egg wash and sprinkle with additional cinnamon, if desired.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven. Bake until pastry is light and puffy, approximately 25–30 minutes. When ready, the tart should be a rich golden brown. Actual cooking time will vary by individual oven, so keep a close eye on the pastries to avoid over-browning.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly. To serve, top with maple whipped cream and/or your favorite ice cream. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Apple Tarts with Maple Whipped Cream is a delicious fall dessert. The combination of cinnamon, apples, and maple syrup is the perfect way to celebrate the season. However, sometimes you may not have all of the ingredients on hand. Here are some substitutes that you can use in making Cinnamon Apple Tarts with Maple Whipped Cream:
- If you don't have cinnamon, you can use nutmeg or allspice.
- If you don't have apples, you can use pears or peaches.
- If you don't have maple syrup, you can use honey or agave nectar.
- If you don't have whipped cream, you can use ice cream or Greek yogurt.
With these substitutes, you can still enjoy the flavor of Cinnamon Apple Tarts with Maple Whipped Cream. So don't be afraid to experiment and see what works for you!
Cinnamon Apple Tarts with Maple Whipped Cream is a delicious dessert that can be made with a few simple ingredients. The most basic Cinnamon Apple Tart recipe includes apples, cinnamon, sugar, and butter. However, there are many variations that can be made to this basic recipe. For example, you could use nuts or raisins for extra flavor. You could also use different types of apples, such as Granny Smith apples for a tart flavor or Golden Delicious apples for a sweeter taste. If you're feeling adventurous, you could even try using other spices in addition to Cinnamon Cinnamon, such as cloves or nutmeg. However you make them, Cinnamon Apple Tarts with Maple Whipped Cream is sure to be a hit!
Cinnamon Apple Tarts with Maple Whipped Cream is best eaten fresh, but they can be stored in the fridge for up to two days. After that, the tarts will start to dry out and the flavors will begin to fade. If you want to enjoy the tarts at their best, it's best to eat them within a day or two of baking.