Easy Homemade Vanilla Fig Jamsy Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam is a recipe that anyone can follow to make delicious and healthy fig jam at home. This jam is made with just four ingredients - fresh figs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and honey- and can be cooked in less than an hour.
A versatile recipe
The key to making this jam is to cook the figs slowly over medium heat, so that they retain their shape and color. Once the figs are cooked, the honey is added and the mixture is simmered for a few minutes until it thickens. Finally, the vanilla extract and lemon juice are stirred in and the jam is ready to enjoy. Easy Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam is a versatile recipe that can be enjoyed on toast, in yogurt, or even on its own. So next time you have a craving for something sweet, give this Easy Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam a try!
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 1 hour
Makes: ½ pint
- 1 lb. figs, stems removed, washed, and quartered
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- ½ c. honey, preferably local
- 1 t. pure vanilla bean extract
- In a large bowl, combine the prepped figs with the lemon juice and allow the figs sit at room temperature for about 45 minutes.
- Transfer the figs, along with the juice, to a large pot set over medium heat. Add the honey and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the figs break down into a thick and slightly granular jam, around 50-55 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
Easy Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam is a delicious, easy-to-make jam that is perfect for spreading on toast or using as a filling for baked goods. The recipe calls for figs, honey vanilla extract, and lemon juice. If you don't have fresh figs available, you can substitute dried figs. Simply soak the dried figs in boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain and proceed with the recipe as directed. You can also use frozen figs; simply thaw them before using. Easy Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam will keep for up to two weeks in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Easy Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam is a versatile and delicious recipe that can be enjoyed all year round. The key to making this jam last in storage. When stored properly in the fridge, Easy Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam will last for up to two weeks. The key to proper storage is to ensure that the jam is sealed tightly in an airtight container. This will prevent the jam from drying out or developing mold. In addition, it is important to keep the jam refrigerated at all times. If left at room temperature, Easy Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam will only last for a few days. With proper storage, Easy Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam can be enjoyed for weeks.
Easy Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam is a wonderful preserve to have on hand. Figs are in season from late summer through early fall, so now is the perfect time to make a batch. This delicious jam is made with just a few simple ingredients, and it's easy to prepare. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Start with ripe figs. They should be soft and fragrant, but not overripe. If they're too ripe, they'll mush when you cook them.
- Cut the figs into small pieces before cooking. This will help them break down more easily and give the jam a smoother texture.
- Cook the jam over medium heat, stirring often. Don't let it boil too vigorously, or it will become too thick.
- Add vanilla extract towards the end of cooking for a delicious flavor boost.
- Once the jam is finished, pour it into clean jars and seal tightly. It will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!