If you love breakfast and brunch, try out this delicious coffee and walnut pumpkin bread! It's a healthy breakfast option that is full of fall flavors: walnuts, coffee, and pumpkin, making it an ideal way to start the day.
Dig in and enjoy the sweet yet nutty taste as well as the warmth of the spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. For added crunch, don't forget to sprinkle some roasted walnuts on top to complete your breakfast treat!
Just how good is Coffee and Walnut Pumpkin Bread?
Coffee and Walnut Pumpkin Bread is delicious! Its unique flavor combination will surprise you, with the subtle note of coffee, the crunch of walnuts, and the creaminess of pumpkin. It's a delicious addition to any breakfast spread or afternoon tea. Not too sweet, but still indulgent and comforting--it's sure to be a hit with family and friends alike. Plus, it's an excellent way to use up seasonal pumpkins when they come into season. Give it a try--you won't regret it!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Serves: 8-10 (1 loaf)
Ingredients needed to make Coffee and Walnut Pumpkin Bread
- 1 T. ground flax
- 3 T. water
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- ½ t. baking soda
- ¼ t. baking powder
- ¼ t. salt
- 2 t. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ t. instant coffee granules
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- ¼ c. white sugar
- ¼ c. light brown sugar
- 6 T. coconut oil, melted (or butter)
- ½ c. walnuts, chopped
Instructions for making Coffee and Walnut Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x4-inch loaf pan with butter or melted coconut oil.
- Add flax and water to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Set aside for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Alternatively, you can replace the flax and water combination with 1 large egg, if desired, just be sure to adjust your shopping list.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and coffee granules in a small mixing bowl.
- Add pumpkin puree, both sugars, and coconut oil to the wet ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Fold in the dry ingredients with a spatula or a large spoon and mix just until combined. Gently fold walnut into the batter.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs and top is golden brown.
- Allow the bread to cool to room temperature before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
When it comes to baking delicious coffee and walnut pumpkin bread, there are many delightful variations you can try. One option is to add in a pinch of ground cardamom for a spicy twist on the classic bread. Or, if you are looking for an even sweeter treat, incorporate some chocolate chips. On top of that, you can really play with the flavors by trying different flavored coffees, such as hazelnut or espresso-flavored creamers, as well as adjusting the ratio of pumpkin puree and butter used in your recipe. Ultimately, getting creative and experimenting with different variation combinations will lead to a tasty result. Bon appétit!
Coffee and Walnut Pumpkin Bread can make for a great snack or dessert, but storage is an important factor to consider if you want it to last and remain fresh. Thankfully, this type of bread is able to stay edible for quite some time. It typically has a storage duration of 2 weeks if kept in an airtight container away from direct sunlight, and at room temperature - though it's best consumed within 5-7 days. If you wish to extend its storage life even further, simply pop it in the freezer! When stored properly as above, it can keep up until 6 months making it easy for you to always have a tasty snack on call.
With so many recipes for delicious pumpkin and coffee-flavored bread available, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Making pumpkin and coffee-flavored bread can be a challenge, but top tips can help you get the perfect loaf every time. When baking this type of bread, make sure that you use the freshest ingredients available – top-quality coffee beans, pure pumpkin puree, and high-quality butter or oil – as these will affect the taste greatly. Choose an interesting combination of spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves to bring out the flavors in your flour mixture. Finally, remember to structure your loaf properly in the pan as this will ensure that you do not end up with a top layer of the crunchy crust while the inside remains moist and soft. With these top tips in mind, it's easy to bake coffee and walnut pumpkin bread like a pro!