If you are looking for appetizers that are both unique and delicious, cream cheese spread with warm cherry sauce is the perfect option. This appetizer brings together smooth, creamy cream cheese with a sweet-tart saucy topping of cherries.
The contrast between the two flavors is truly amazing and will be sure to impress your guests! Serve these appetizers at your next gathering and get ready for the compliments - this appetizer might even end up being one of your go-to recipes.
What is so good about Cream Cheese Spread with Warm Cherry Sauce?
Cream Cheese Spread with Warm Cherry Sauce is the pinnacle of goodness. The smooth and creamy texture of the spread perfectly complements the sweet taste of the warm cherry sauce, creating a tantalizing combination. No matter what the occasion or the meal, a dollop of this divine combination can make anything taste extraordinary. The goodness of the two together will take your taste buds to a whole new level and leave you looking for more!
Prep time: 5 minutes (frozen cherries + time to thaw) or 20 minutes (fresh cherries)
Cook time: 10 minutes
Ingredients needed to make Cream Cheese Spread with Warm Cherry Sauce
- 8 oz. block cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 c. dark cherries, pitted and chopped
- 1 T. honey, preferably local
- ½ t. dried rosemary (or 1½ t. fresh leaves, finely chopped)
- ¼ t. ground cumin
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ¼ t. salt
- ⅓ c. water
- ¼ c. pecans, roughly chopped
- Optional: 1 t. fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- Serve with rice crackers (or other gluten-free crackers).
Instructions for making Cream Cheese Spread with Warm Cherry Sauce
- Place a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add cherries, honey, rosemary, cinnamon, salt, and water. Stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the liquid is reduced by one-half and a thick sauce develops approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the cream cheese on a serving platter and pour half the warm cherry sauce on top. Reserve the remaining sauce to top off the spread, as needed, or serve on the side. Top with chopped pecans and the finely chopped rosemary, if desired. Serve immediately with gluten-free crackers. Enjoy!
Making a Cream Cheese Spread with Warm Cherry Sauce is an easy way to serve up a sweet and creamy snack or appetizer. It's also extremely versatile, so you don't have to stick with the same recipe all the time! For variations on the classic spread, try adding in different fruits like blueberries, strawberries, or apricots. Serve it over crackers instead of bread for a crunchy compliment to the soft cheesiness of the spread. You can even get creative with your warm sauce - try subbing out cherries for pineapple or mango for a tropical twist on the traditional flavors. The possibilities are endless when you experiment with variations of this delicious spread!
Keeping cream cheese spread with warm cherry sauce stored in the fridge is a great way to enjoy it for up to two weeks. It's important to store the sauce and cheeses separately for optimal storage, as the cherries can create an acidic environment that could damage or spoil the cheese. Be sure to tightly seal your storage containers, as oxygen and light can ruin both components. For best results, use airtight plastic storage or resealable refrigerator bags, and check regularly that no spoilage has occurred throughout storage.
With proper storage techniques, you can enjoy your cream cheese spread with warm cherry sauce for up to two weeks!
Making cream cheese spread with warm cherry sauce can be a delicious way to top off a special brunch. To achieve the perfect texture and flavor, here are our top tips!
First, make sure to soften the cream cheese before mixing in any additional ingredients - this will provide a more consistent spread.
Secondly, use tart cherries for their bright and acidic flavor; this is especially important when using a sweeter cherry sauce.
By following these top tips you will create the perfect Cream Cheese Spread with Warm Cherry Sauce that will provide your brunch guests with a truly memorable experience!