For a delicious, easy dinner that your family can enjoy in no time at all, try the ever-popular Easy Beef Taco Skillet! This fantastic 30-minute recipe is sure to satisfy their hunger without taking up too much of your time.
All you'll need are ground beef, taco seasoning, some tomatoes, and freshly chopped onions - the rest is just steps away from the perfect taco meal. Whether it's a weeknight family treat or an early party dish, you can have your Quick Beef Taco Skillet ready to serve in just half an hour!
The goodness of the 'Easy Beef Taco Skillet' recipe
Easy Beef Taco Skillet is an incredibly tasty and satisfying dish that makes for a perfect dinner choice. It requires only minimal effort to put together the ingredients and create a complete meal in one pan. The goodness of an easy beef taco skillet lies in its versatility which allows diners to customize the recipe according to their preference by adding additional spices, vegetables or sauces. Additionally, it's also budget-friendly, so you won't have to break the bank for a delicious and hearty dinner!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Ingredients needed to make Easy Beef Taco Skillet
2 T. chili powder
1 T. ground cumin
1 t. ground coriander
2 t. garlic powder
1 t. smoked paprika
1 ½ t. fine sea salt
1 t. ground black pepper
½ t. ground white pepper
¼ - ½ t. cayenne pepper*
The remaining taco seasoning can be stored in an airtight container with a tight-fitting lid for several months.
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
½ medium white onion, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1¼ lbs. ground beef (80% lean)
2 T. taco seasoning
1 10-oz. can of fire-roasted tomatoes with green chilis, drained
4 oz. shredded Mexican-blend cheese (+ extra for serving or topping)
Optional, to Serve:
For tacos: Taco shells or lettuce wraps, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa, and/or extra cheese
For nachos: Gluten-free tortilla chips, diced tomatoes, sliced green onions, and/or avocado
Instructions for making Easy Beef Taco Skillet
- Prepare the taco seasoning by combining all ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine and transfer to an airtight container. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet set over medium heat. Add diced onion and garlic and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and develops some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add beef to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully drain excess fat from the skillet.
- Add taco seasoning and fire-roasted tomatoes and green chilis and stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes are heated through and the beef mixture is thoroughly coated in the taco seasoning, approximately 2-3 minutes. Taste, and add additional taco seasoning, if desired.
- Remove from heat and top with shredded cheese. Cover for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Serve immediately with desired accompaniments. Enjoy!
Making Easy Beef Taco Skillet can be a great way to create a delicious meal that the whole family will enjoy. With the basic ingredients easy to find, it's a simple dish to put together with variations that anyone can make. To mix it up and make the dish even more special, try adding some Extra-lean Ground Turkey instead of Ground Beef for a lower-fat version. You could also add Black Beans or Sweet Corn when making your Tacos. For those avoiding carbs, opt for lettuce leaf wraps instead of tortillas to make them Keto-Friendly. For more heat, you can spice things up by using diced jalapenos or chipotle pepper paste in substitution of mild green chili peppers. These variations will help to customize the dish and have everyone asking for seconds!
Easy Beef Taco Skillet is a great dish to save as it is stored in the fridge for up to four days. It's a convenient way to have leftovers without having to worry about spoiling it. To help maximize storage time, store your Easy Beef Taco Skillet in an airtight container or plastic bag and make sure that the temperature of your fridge is below 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Eating within four days is ideal, but if you plan on keeping it longer, you can freeze it for storage times up to three months. Whatever storage method you choose, be sure to enjoy this tasty dish while it lasts!
This easy and versatile 30-minute beef taco skillet can be served in a couple of ways. For a delicious main course, serve with shredded lettuce, salsa, chopped tomatoes, extra cheese, and some warm corn taco shells or large lettuce leaves for wrapping. For a hearty appetizer, as shown here, serve with gluten-free tortilla chips and top with diced tomatoes, green onion, avocado, and extra cheese right before serving.