Honey Jalapeno Muffins are the perfect blend of sweet and spicy. They're perfect for a quick snack or a light meal. And they're easy to make, too!
Honey Jalapeno Muffins are a type of muffin that is made with honey and jalapeno peppers. The history of these muffins is not clear, but it is believed that they originated in the United States. Honey
Breakfast food or as a snack.
Jalapeno Muffins are popular in the Southern United States, and they are often served as breakfast food or as a snack. These muffins are usually made with cornmeal or flour, and they often contain sugar, butter, eggs, and milk. The jalapeno peppers add a spicy flavor to the muffins, and the honey helps to sweetness. Honey Jalapeno Muffins are typically baked in a muffin tin, and they can be served warm or cold.
A unique and delicious way
Jalapeño peppers pack a powerful punch and are often used in spicy dishes to add flavor and heat. But did you know that these popular peppers can also be used to make sweet treats? Honey Jalapeño Muffins are a unique and delicious way to enjoy the flavor of jalapeños in a whole new way.
To make these muffins, you will need:
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-½ teaspoon baking soda
-¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of Buttermilk
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal ( fine or medium ground )
- 1 cup full-fat Sour Cream
-½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
-½ cup light brown sugar
-2 large eggs ( one whole egg / one egg yolk )
-¼ cup honey
-1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
-1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
-1 seeded and finely chopped jalapeño pepper
Assuming you have all the ingredients, let's get started.
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, in a large bowl mix together 2 cups of flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- In another bowl whisk together ¼ cup of melted butter, 1 egg, 1 egg yolk, ½ cup of sugar, and ¼ cup of honey.
- Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined.
- Fold in ¼ cup of diced jalapeños.
- Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or butter and fill each muffin cup about ¾ full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.