This dessert is sure to please both kids and adults with its sweet and creamy texture. But here's the best part: it's also a healthy option! With the perfect blend of coconut milk and ripe bananas, you won't even miss the added sugar.
Once you've made this recipe, it's important to store it properly to ensure its freshness. By storing it in an airtight container in the fridge, you can enjoy the dessert for days to come. So, whip up this delicious, creamy, and healthy dessert at your next family gathering and enjoy the smiles it brings to everyone's faces!
This satisfying recipe is perfect for any palette, especially for kids who love pudding.
This satisfying recipe is perfect for any palette, especially for kids who love pudding. The combination of creamy coconut milk and sweet bananas makes for a delicious and guilt-free treat that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth craving. And the best part about this dessert is that it can be stored in the fridge for a couple of days, making it perfect for those busy weeknights or for a last-minute treat. Whether you're looking for a new dessert to make for your family or just want to try something new, this Coconut Banana Pudding recipe is a must-try.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Cooling time: 2 hours
- This satisfying recipe is perfect for any palette, especially for kids who love pudding.
- Ingredients needed to make Coconut Banana Pudding
- How to make Coconut Banana Pudding
- Variations on the Coconut Banana Pudding recipe
- Equipment used in making the Coconut Banana Pudding recipe
- Storage for the Coconut Banana Pudding
- Top tips for making the Coconut Banana Pudding
- How to Make a Coconut Banana Pudding
Ingredients needed to make Coconut Banana Pudding
- 1 14-oz. can light coconut milk
- ½ c. whole milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ c. sugar
- ¼ c. cornstarch
- 1/16 t. salt
- 2 t. pure vanilla extract
- 2 T. butter
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 T. powdered sugar
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 40 vanilla wafers
- 4 T. toasted coconut
How to make Coconut Banana Pudding
- Heat the coconut milk and whole milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until it is just before the boiling stage.
- In the meantime, whisk the egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a small bowl.
- Once the milk is hot, pour one ladle of milk into the egg mixture and whisk to temper the egg yolks. Pour the warmed egg mixture into the saucepan with the remaining milk and cook, stirring constantly, until a thick and smooth pudding forms, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the pudding from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and butter. Whisk until the butter melts into the pudding. Cover the pudding with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to cool for 2 hours.
- Once the pudding has cooled, whip the heavy whipping cream with the powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- To assemble the pudding cups, layer vanilla wafers, pudding, and banana slices between 4 serving glasses, finish with whip cream on top, and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Variations on the Coconut Banana Pudding recipe
Looking for a new dessert recipe to try with the family? Look no further than Coconut Banana Pudding! It's a sweet and healthy dessert that's great for kids and adults alike. But just because you love the recipe as is, doesn't mean you can't mix things up a bit! Adding fresh berries or toasted nuts can give it a little crunch while swapping out the coconut milk for almond milk can make it a little lighter. The possibilities are endless, so don't be afraid to get creative! And for an added bonus, this pudding stores perfectly so you can whip it up in advance for a stress-free dessert option.
Equipment used in making the Coconut Banana Pudding recipe
Storage for the Coconut Banana Pudding
How long can you store this dessert in the fridge? It's best to keep it refrigerated and consume it within 2-3 days for optimal freshness and taste. Don't miss out on enjoying this dessert by trying to consume it past its prime. Follow our storage tips and savor every bite of this scrumptious Coconut Banana Pudding.
Top tips for making the Coconut Banana Pudding
First, use very ripe bananas and ensure they are mashed well.
Second, layer the pudding and banana slices in a beautiful jar to make it look as good as it tastes.
Lastly, when storing, make sure to cover the jars with cling wrap to avoid the top layer from drying out.
These tips will ensure you have a perfect healthy dessert that everyone will love. Give it a try, and I promise it will soon become a family favorite recipe.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: