If you're in the mood for a healthy recipe for dinner or weekend brunch, look no further than this flavorful low-carb chicken and red cabbage stir fry. It's quick, easy to make, and sure to impress your family or friends if you're gathering together.
The combination of red cabbage, leeks, and onions makes this dish an amazing blend of color and flavor you won't soon forget! Plus it requires minimal prep work and uses healthy ingredients. So what are you waiting for? Dig out your wok pan and get cooking!
Low Carb Chicken & Red Cabbage Stir Fry is an incredibly healthy recipe
Low Carb Chicken & Red Cabbage Stir Fry is an incredibly healthy recipe that you can enjoy for dinner or brunch. It's rich in goodness due to all of the fresh ingredients like lean chicken, garlic, ginger, and red peppers, making it a perfect go-to meal for your family gathering or just when you're having your friends over. Not only will it nourish your body with plenty of goodness and health benefits, but it also tastes delicious too! With the low-carb stir fry being so quick and easy to create, this dish is sure to become a regular on your menu.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Ingredients needed to make Low Carb Chicken & Red Cabbage Stir Fry
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 T. sugar-free peanut butter, room temperature
- ⅓ c. tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 T. Swerve sugar replacement
- 2 T. rice wine vinegarhttps://amzn.to/3XPBmU1
- 1 T. toasted sesame oil
- 1 ½ t. sugar-free chili-garlic sauce
Link for Chili-Garlic Sauce: https://amzn.to/3XPBmU1
Stir Fry Ingredients:
- 2 T. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 T. fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 c. red cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 c. broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- ⅓ c. roasted cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 12-oz. bag cauliflower rice, steamed
Instructions for making Low Carb Chicken & Red Cabbage Stir Fry
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce to a large skillet or wok and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and immediately reduce heat to just below medium. Simmer, stirring frequently, until the peanut butter is completely melted, and the sauce is reduced by one-half, approximately 5-6 minutes. Transfer sauce to a bowl and set aside.
- Carefully wipe the skillet with a thick, damp cloth and add one tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken and cook over medium-high heat, stirring continually, until chicken develops some color and is nearly cooked through approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add ginger and continue cooking, stirring continually, for one additional minute. Transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet or wok. Add cabbage, broccoli, and orange bell pepper and cook, stirring continually, until the vegetables are crisp and tender and develop some color, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and stir in the chopped cashews. Pour the reduced sauce on top and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes or just until heated through. Do not overcook.
Remove from heat and taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Serve immediately with steamed cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
Throw in some diced red pepper for sweetness,
marinated tofu for protein, or
mushrooms for an umami flavor.
different proteins like shrimp or salmon,
adding a variety of vegetables,
You can also turn this recipe into brunch if you want -
top it with an egg or two and you have a delicious alternative meal option, perfect for gathering with friends or family. With its versatility and ease in preparation, it's no wonder why everyone loves this classic go-to stir fry.
No matter what variations you choose, this hearty dish will be sure to please and make it easy to serve up something delicious and nutritious!
If you're a fan of healthy recipes or just great-tasting meals, Low Carb Chicken & Red Cabbage Stir Fry is a great option. Perfect for dinners with family or brunches with friends, the stir fry is easy to prepare and store for future use. Keeping it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days makes this dish perfect for weekday dinners, weekend gatherings, and even just as a meal for one. Next time you're looking to share something different with your loved ones, opt for this storage-friendly meal that will keep them asking for more.
Make sure to use an oil with a high smoke point like sesame or sunflower oil.
Sauté all the ingredients over medium heat until cooked through.
Lastly, serve the dish hot with a side of steamed vegetables or brown rice – it’s definitely going to be a crowd-pleaser!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: