If you want to make a healthy, delicious dinner in just 30 minutes, then look no further than this one-skillet lemon chicken with squash recipe! It's an easy and tasty meal that is sure to please the whole family.
The tartness of the lemon sauce beautifully complements the succulence of the chicken and the roasted sweetness of the squash. Plus, it all comes together quickly in just one skillet - saving time and mess in the kitchen. In addition, you can feel good about serving healthy food that brings a bright citrus flavor to your mealtime routine.
What is so special about One-Skillet Lemon Chicken with Squash?
One-Skillet Lemon Chicken with Squash is special for many reasons. First, it's a healthy 30-minute recipe, so you can whip it up quickly without sacrificing its nutritional value. Plus, this dish is created in one skillet only which cuts down on mess and clean-up time - not to mention that the bright lemon flavor gives your meal a special touch of zest. All in all, One-Skillet Lemon Chicken with Squash is an enjoyable, special and nutritious way to enjoy a delicious dinner without all the fuss.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 T. fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lbs. chicken breasts, cubed
- ½ large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini (or ½ large), sliced thin and cut into half rounds
- 1 small yellow squash (or ½ large), sliced thin and cut into half rounds
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Sprigs of fresh basil
- Small lemon wedges
- Whisk 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, oregano, and minced garlic together in a large bowl. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the cubed chicken in a large bowl and pour half the marinade on top. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Add the sliced zucchini and yellow squash to the original bowl with the marinade and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the remaining tablespoon olive oil and the sliced red onion. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and start to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the seasoned chicken into the hot skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer the chicken and onions to a platter. Set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the seasoned zucchini and yellow squash to the skillet. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp tender and nicely browned, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Return the chicken, onions, and juices to the skillet and stir to combine. Remove from heat and sprinkle with remaining fresh lemon juice, chopped parsley, and springs of fresh basil. Serve immediately with additional lemon wedges, if desired. Enjoy!
If you're looking to make a tasty and nourishing meal that won't take up all of your time, try variations on One-Skillet Lemon Chicken with Squash! This healthy 30-minute recipe is incredibly versatile and there are so many variations to choose from. From swapping out the chicken for tofu, adding lime instead of lemon, or mixing in zucchini noodles to really up the nutrient levels, you can experiment with different cooking methods and ingredients as much as you'd like. Enjoy!
For all you health and time conscious foodies out there, storage is an important part of any good 30 minute recipe. Thankfully, one-skillet lemon chicken with squash is no exception! This delicious dish can easily be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days, keeping your taste buds and wallet happy throughout the week. Transform this tasty meal into a meal prep staple right away!
Preparing a healthy meal doesn't have to take hours in the kitchen. With top tips for making One-Skillet Lemon Chicken with Squash, you can have a nutritious dinner ready in just 30 minutes. The key to this delicious and simple one-pan recipe is cooking time and ingredients: start by preheating your skillet, then add chicken and seasonings. Be sure to let the chicken cook completely before adding any vegetables or starches; when everything is ready, combine all ingredients together for a tasty meal with little fuss! With a few top tips in mind, You'll be able to whip up this easy and healthy One-Skillet Lemon Chicken with Squash recipe in no time.