If you're looking for a delicious recipe to get your day off on the right foot, look no further than Almond Chocolate Banana Bread! This recipe is simple enough that it can be made at home in just a few steps using pantry staples.
The combination of almonds and chocolate creates a divine flavor that will make your breakfast even sweeter. Every piece of this homemade bread will bring joy to your mornings and delight your taste buds!
Almond Chocolate Banana Bread is incredibly easy to make.
Almond Chocolate Banana Bread is incredibly easy to make, but the result is so delicious it tastes like anything but a homemade breakfast! The recipe only requires a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time in the oven, but it yields a moist, flavorful treat that will have you coming back to the kitchen time and again. If you're looking for an indulgent yet still healthy breakfast option, this recipe can't be beaten; between the natural sweetness of banana and cocoa flavor of chocolate, one bite of this bread will have you hooked!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Serves: 1 loaf (8-12 slices)
- Almond Chocolate Banana Bread is incredibly easy to make.
- Ingredients needed to make Outstanding Almond Chocolate Banana Bread
- Instructions for making Outstanding Almond Chocolate Banana Bread
- Variations on the Outstanding Almond Chocolate Banana Bread recipe
- Equipment needed to make Outstanding Almond Chocolate Banana Bread
- Storage for the Outstanding Almond Chocolate Banana Bread
- Top tips for the Outstanding Almond Chocolate Banana Bread recipe
- Outstanding Almond Chocolate Banana Bread
Ingredients needed to make Outstanding Almond Chocolate Banana Bread
- 4 medium overripe bananas, peeled
- ¼ c. almond milk
- 5 T. vegetable oil
- 2 t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- ¼ t. salt
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- ½ c. almonds, chopped
Instructions for making Outstanding Almond Chocolate Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a standard 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
- Add almond milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Add sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Gently mix until flour is incorporated and the mixture is mostly smooth.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in chocolate chips and almonds.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until deep golden brown and thoroughly cooked in the center. Check doneness by inserting a toothpick or cake tester into the center of the loaf. It should come out clean with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow banana bread to cool in the pan on a wire rack for a minimum of 30 minutes before removing it from the pan and slicing.
Variations on the Outstanding Almond Chocolate Banana Bread recipe
With recipe variations for Almond Chocolate Banana Bread, the breakfast possibilities are endless! The recipe itself is easy to follow, making homemade morning treats all the more enjoyable. From adding cinnamon sugar or a scoop of creamy peanut butter to changing up the frozen toppings, you can create new flavors every day and never get bored. You can even switch out almonds for walnuts or use dark chocolate chips in place of semi-sweet. With some experimenting and slight changes, your recipe will never be the same twice!
Equipment needed to make Outstanding Almond Chocolate Banana Bread
Storage for the Outstanding Almond Chocolate Banana Bread
Trying out a recipe for almond chocolate banana bread is a fun homemade breakfast recipe to make. When it comes to storage, this recipe can stay fresh for up to a week when stored correctly in an airtight container! Uncut loaves can last longer for up to 2 weeks and sliced loaves about 4-5 days. For the best results, it's a good idea to keep the loaf in the fridge if you want it to last longer. With such an indulgent recipe, you won't struggle finding ways to finish off any leftover slices as it tastes amazing either warm or cold!
Top tips for the Outstanding Almond Chocolate Banana Bread recipe
Whether you're looking for a delicious recipe to make for breakfast or an afternoon snack, the homemade Almond Chocolate Banana Bread recipe is sure to please! There are plenty of top tips you should keep in mind when it comes time to tackle this recipe. For starters, be sure that your bananas are overly ripe before starting; the banana mash should be lightly browning or blackening on the outside to ensure the bread has a deep banana taste. Another essential tip is to allow extra baking time due to the chocolate chips melting and causing pockets of moisture that can't evaporate easily. Finally, don't let the almonds get too dark when toasting them; they add a nice crunch and flavour but burning them will greatly affect the recipe's final taste. If you keep these key elements in mind, you'll have no problem whipping up a batch of this delicious recipe in no time!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: