Pretzel Brownies combine two of the best desserts for an unbeatable good. These sweet and salty treats provide an unexpected twist, blending crisp and crunchy with rich and creamy.
Baked to perfection, these delectable desserts provide the perfect balance of flavor that will make you keep going back for more. Whether you are looking for an indulgent treat to satisfy a sweet tooth or want something a little different in your dessert rotation, pretzel brownies are sure to provide good every time.
Everyone loves dessert, and what's better than a classic dessert like pretzel brownies?
Everyone loves dessert, and what's better than a classic dessert like pretzel brownies? The crunch of the salty pretzels combined with the rich chocolate of the melted cookie creates a unique and irresistible treat. If you're craving something sweet but also looking to satisfy that salt craving, then these decadent pretzel brownies are just what you need. They are set apart from regular cookies or brownies and once you take your first bite it will be hard not to want more! Whether you serve them for dessert at an event or as after-dinner snacks, these delicious pretzel brownies are sure to please!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Serves: 15 brownies
- Everyone loves dessert, and what's better than a classic dessert like pretzel brownies?
- Ingredients needed to make Pretzel Brownies
- Instructions for making Pretzel Brownies
- Variations on the Pretzel Brownies recipe
- Equipment needed to make Pretzel Brownies
- Storage for the Pretzel Brownies
- Top tips for the Pretzel Brownies recipe
- Surely The Most Satisfying Pretzel Brownies
Ingredients needed to make Pretzel Brownies
- 2 4 oz. sticks of butter, diced
- 6 oz. dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- ¼ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-½ c. sugar
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1-¼ c. all-purpose flour
- ½ t. instant espresso powder
- ½ c. dark chocolate chips
- 1 c. mini pretzels, divided
Instructions for making Pretzel Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350° degrees F and line a 9x13-inch baking pan with a piece of parchment paper.
- Add butter and chocolate to a medium saucepan and melt over low heat.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and whisk to dissolve the cocoa in the warm mixture.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking constantly between each addition.
- Fold in the flour, instant espresso powder, and dark chocolate chips.
- Lightly crush half of the pretzels and fold those into the brownie batter.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Arrange the remaining pretzels on top of the brownie batter.
- Bake until brownies are mostly set, yet slightly gooey in the middle, 40-45 minutes.
- Start checking doneness at 35 minutes with a toothpick – it should come out clean with moist crumbs and not completely dry.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Variations on the Pretzel Brownies recipe
It’s always great to have some variation on a classic recipe, and that’s where Pretzel Brownies come in. This delicious dessert recipe combines two iconic treats into one! To make even more delicious variations to this recipe try adding different ingredients such as mini M&Ms or peanut butter chips to the brownie batter. Or perhaps switch out the pretzels for crushed Oreos? The possibilities are endless with this recipe! If you want to get creative, try adding some white chocolate chunks or substituting dark chocolate for milk chocolate when adding the chips. With a few changes you can create your own unique Pretzel Brownie delicacy.
Equipment needed to make Pretzel Brownies
Storage for the Pretzel Brownies
If stored properly in an air-tight container at room temperature, these brownies can stay good for up to one week. So if you have some extra treats lying around, this storage recipe dessert is the perfect way to savor them a little longer!
Top tips for the Pretzel Brownies recipe
When looking for a sweet treat to satisfy your cravings, pretzel brownies are the way to go. They are a fun and delicious dessert that can be made in no time! To make sure your pretzel brownies turn out just right, here are some top tips. Start with good-quality baking chocolate for the best flavor and then don’t rush things when it comes to melting the butter and chocolate together; heat them up in low-temperature settings and stir until well blended. Be sure to spread the top layer of melted chocolate evenly so you get nice pieces of pretzels throughout each bite as you enjoy this indulgent dessert. And don’t forget the finishing touches - top with sea salt flakes or other condiments of your choice for that perfect combination of salty and sweet. With these top tips in mind, while making pretzel brownies, you will surely have success on the first try!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: