This tasty and healthy salad recipe is sure to tantalize your taste buds! Peaches and blackberries make the perfect fruit pairing, particularly when topped with a zesty Blackberry-Basil Vinaigrette.
Not only does this dish look beautiful and vibrant on the plate, but it is simple to put together. If you haven't tried this Peach Blackberry Salad before, now is a great time to start!
Just how good is Peach Blackberry Salad with Blackberry-Basil Vinaigrette?
If the word 'good' were the only way to describe the Peach Blackberry Salad with Blackberry-Basil Vinaigrette, it would be an understatement. This unique combination of the sweetness of the peaches, the tartness of the blackberries, and the zesty basil vinaigrette is truly amazing! It's no wonder why everyone can't get enough of this creative dish! Eating this salad is like tasting the goodness of summer in every bite, from the juicy fruits to the flavorful dressing. Enjoying this fabulous creation will make your taste buds dance in sheer delight.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: n/a
- Just how good is Peach Blackberry Salad with Blackberry-Basil Vinaigrette?
- Ingredients needed to make Peach Blackberry Salad with Blackberry-Basil Vinaigrette
- Instructions for making Peach Blackberry Salad with Blackberry-Basil Vinaigrette
- Top tip
- Peach Blackberry Salad with Blackberry-Basil Vinaigrette
Ingredients needed to make Peach Blackberry Salad with Blackberry-Basil Vinaigrette
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ c. champagne vinegar
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 3 T. honey, preferably local
- 4-5 large blackberries, rinsed
- 1 T. fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 c. baby spinach
- 2 c. baby arugula
- 2 large ripe peaches, sliced
- 1 c. blackberries, washed and patted dry
- ½ c. walnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Fresh basil sprigs, for garnish
Instructions for making Peach Blackberry Salad with Blackberry-Basil Vinaigrette
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, blackberries, and basil to a food processor container. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and process on high until thoroughly emulsified. Taste and add additional honey, salt, and/or black pepper, if desired. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Add the spinach and arugula to a large bowl and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving platter and top with sliced peaches, fresh blackberries, walnuts, and goat cheese.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh basil and drizzle some of the blackberry-basil vinaigrette on top. Serve immediately with the remaining vinaigrette on the side. Enjoy!
A tasty and healthy variation on traditional salads, Peach Blackberry Salad with Blackberry-Basil Vinaigrette is sure to hit the spot! This easy-to-make recipe is a great way to get creative in the kitchen. Just toss together a mixture of blackberries, chopped peaches, red onions, avocado, and your favorite greens like baby spinach or arugula then dress it up with the star of the show—Blackberry-Basil Vinaigrette. For mild sweetness use honey while agave syrup makes a perfect vegan variation. You can add fresh herbs like basil or mint for even more flavor variation and extra nutrition. Top off your salad with crumbled feta cheese for an added touch of sophistication and you’ve got yourself a winning salad!
If you're looking for a tasty and nutritious dish, Peach Blackberry Salad with Blackberry-Basil Vinaigrette is sure to hit the spot. Not only does it taste delicious, but this salad can also be stored for a decent amount of time in the fridge. Depending on your storage method, you can expect it to last around 3-5 days if kept chilled in an airtight container with the vinaigrette stored separately. So while it won't last forever, you'll still have enough time to enjoy this summery delight even after the initial preparation!
If you are looking to make a delicious Peach Blackberry Salad with Blackberry-Basil Vinaigrette, here are some top tips!
Firstly, be sure to choose perfectly ripe peaches and blackberries. If they're slightly mushy and fragrant, they will taste the best in the salad.
Secondly, don't skimp on the vinaigrette - blackberry and basil are a perfect combination that adds a fun pop of flavor to your salad.
Thirdly, remember to top it with something crunchy like slivered almonds or pistachios for contrast. Last but not least, top it all off with some feta cheese for an extra creamy kick!