Sometimes, the best meals are the simplest ones. This pork chop dish is a perfect example - it's easy to make, and tastes great. The escarole adds a touch of flavor and freshness to the dish, making it a perfect weeknight meal. Plus, it's pretty healthy too! Give this recipe a try - you won't be disappointed.
Escarole Apple Dijon Pork Chops are a great way to change up your pork chop routine! Pork chops can be a little bland, but by adding some flavorful ingredients like Escarole and Apple cider vinegar you can create a meal that is both healthy and delicious. This recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner
-1½ pounds pork chops
-1 head of escarole, chopped
-1 tart apple, chopped
-1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
-1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork chops in olive oil for about 3 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Add escarole, apple, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a baking dish and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until pork chops are cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of eating Escarole
Escarole is a leafy green vegetable that is often overlooked but definitely deserves a spot on your plate! Not only is it packed with nutrients like vitamins A and C, but it also has some powerful health benefits. For example, did you know that escarole can help improve digestion? It's true - the veggie contains fiber and prebiotics, which promote a healthy gut. So next time you're at the grocery store, be sure to pick up a head of escarole! Your body will thank you.