Start your day off right with this healthy and delicious Potato, Sausage, and Broccoli Breakfast Casserole. This recipe is easy to make ahead of time, so you can simply pop it in the oven in the morning and enjoy a hot and hearty breakfast with minimal effort.
The casserole is packed with healthy ingredients like potatoes, sausage, broccoli, and cheese, making it a filling and nutritious way to start your day. Plus, it's sure to please the whole family with its savory flavor and satisfying texture. So why not give this Potato, Sausage, and Broccoli Breakfast Casserole a try? You'll be glad you did!
What is so good about Potato, Sausage, and Broccoli Breakfast Casserole?
If you are in the market for a hearty, filling, and delicious breakfast casserole, look no further than Potato, Sausage, and Broccoli Breakfast Casserole. This casserole has it all - the goodness of potatoes, the savoriness of sausage, and the healthy crunch of broccoli. What's more, it is easy to make and can be enjoyed by the whole family. So if you are looking for a casserole that is sure to please everyone at the table, Potato, Sausage, and Broccoli Breakfast Casserole is the way to go.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- What is so good about Potato, Sausage, and Broccoli Breakfast Casserole?
- Ingredients needed to make Potato, Sausage, and Broccoli Breakfast Casserole
- Instructions for making Potato, Sausage, and Broccoli Breakfast Casserole
- Top tip
- Potato, Sausage, and Broccoli Breakfast Casserole
Ingredients needed to make Potato, Sausage, and Broccoli Breakfast Casserole
- Non-stick cooking spray
- ½ lb. bulk Italian sausage (no casings)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 large russet or Idaho potato, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 3 T. whole milk
- 2 c. fresh broccoli, diced
- ¾ c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 T. fresh chives, finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Instructions for making Potato, Sausage, and Broccoli Breakfast Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with some non-stick cooking spray.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat and add the sausage. Cook until slightly browned, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon as it cooks, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add the onion and potato and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onion softens and the potatoes become golden brown, approximately 6-7 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk the eggs and whole milk in a small bowl and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Add one-half cup of cheddar cheese and stir to combine.
- Transfer the sausage-potato mixture into the prepared baking dish and stir in the diced broccoli. Spread into an even layer and pour the egg mixture evenly over the top. Sprinkle the remaining cheese across the top.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake until the eggs are set and the potatoes are cooked through, around 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for several minutes before slicing. Top with fresh chives and serve immediately. Enjoy!
When it comes to breakfast casseroles, there are endless possibilities for variations. For example, you could swap out the sausage for bacon or ham, or use a different type of cheese. You could also add in additional vegetables, such as diced peppers or onions. The key is to experiment and find what you like best. And don't be afraid to get creative! If you're feeling adventurous, you could even try a sweet version of the casserole by adding in some fruit.
Whatever variations you choose, one thing is for sure: this casserole is sure to please any crowd.
If you're looking for a hearty, satisfying breakfast that can be made ahead of time, look no further than Potato, Sausage, and Broccoli Breakfast Casserole. This easy-to-make casserole is packed with protein and vegetables, and it can be stored in the fridge for up to four days. Simply reheat a portion in the microwave or oven when you're ready to eat.
Any good cook knows that a little advance planning can go a long way in the kitchen. This is especially true when it comes to casseroles. A casserole is a dish that can be made ahead of time and then baked when you're ready to serve it. This is a great option for busy families or entertaining guests. And while there are many different casserole recipes out there, one of our favorites is Potato, Sausage, and Broccoli Breakfast Casserole.
Here are our top tips for making this delicious dish:
- Pre-cook the potatoes. This will help them to cook more evenly and prevent them from getting mushy.
- Use a good quality sausage. We like to use duck sausage, but you can use any kind of sausage that you like.
- Be sure to chop the broccoli into small pieces so that it cooks evenly.
- To save time, you can use frozen shredded hash browns instead of pre-cooking the potatoes. Just be sure to thaw them first.
- Make sure the casserole is cooked through before serving. You don't want anyone to get food poisoning!
Follow these tips and you'll be on your way to making a delicious and healthy breakfast casserole that everyone will love!