Spice up your dinner routine with this healthy and delicious Quick & Easy Spicy Salsa. In just a few minutes, you can have an irresistible snack or appetizer ready to go - no chopping or cooking involved!
With only four simple ingredients, you'll be surprised at how much bold flavor comes through. Whether you use it to dip chips in or top off tacos and enchiladas, one bite of this quick salsa will tantalize your taste buds and make your mouth water. Try this Quick & Easy Spicy Salsa today - you won't regret it!
Healthy and delicious salsa at home
Making your own healthy and delicious salsa at home doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming. By following this quick and easy spicy salsa recipe, you can create a zesty dip perfect for any occasion in no time flat. This flavor-filled cooking experience is sure to become a favorite addition to your mealtime repertoire, whether as a topping for tacos or just for scooping with chips. So if you’re looking for something flavorful and fresh you can be proud of, give this amazing spicy salsa recipe a try today!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced small
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced small
- 1 medium jalapeno, finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ t. dried Mexican oregano
- ¼ t. smoked paprika
- ¼ - ½ t. crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ c. water
- 2½ T. fresh lime juice
- 2-3 T. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion and peppers become soft, around 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, Mexican oregano, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and water. Stir to combine and reduce heat to medium-low. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes. Once slightly cool, puree the mixture with an immersion blender, leaving it slightly chunky, or transfer it to a regular blender or food processor and pulse a couple of times until just blended.
- Transfer salsa to a bowl and stir in fresh lime juice and cilantro. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Serve immediately or cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use. Enjoy!
Creating a delicious and healthy homemade salsa doesn’t have to difficult or time-consuming. With the Quick & Easy Spicy Salsa recipe, you can have your own fresh salsa in just minutes! This recipe is highly versatile and allows for plenty of variations so you will never get bored with the same old salsa. You can add avocado or chili peppers for different textures and flavors, change up the type of tomatoes used or add in some corn for added sweetness. The possibilities are nearly endless, so have fun creating a unique salsa that fits your taste preference!
Are you a fan of salsa? Have you ever wanted an easy and delicious salsa recipe that you can store in your fridge for a while? Quick & Easy Spicy Salsa is the perfect storage-friendly option! This healthy and delicious salsa kicks up the flavor of any dish, but its storage ability is what makes it really special. It'll last up to two weeks refrigerated, as long as it's kept in an air-tight container for maximum longevity. Make a batch of Quick & Easy Spicy Salsa now and make sure you never miss out on the goodness of this unique savory experience!
Making a healthy and delicious spicy salsa doesn't have to be complicated! Whether you're looking to spruce up your favorite taco night or make a tasty side dish, these top tips will help you create the perfect quick & easy spicy salsa.
First, choose the right type of tomato for your recipe--roma tomatoes are best for salsa since they have fewer seeds and more flesh.
Secondly, adding heat is essential for any good salsa, so experiment with different peppers to find one that works for you.
Finally, don't overdo it on the spices; a few well-balanced ingredients will go a long way in creating an amazing flavor profile. With these top tips, you'll be making fiery salsa in no time!