This recipe for Roasted Sweet Potato and Arugula Salad with Pear and Blue Cheese is a perfect way to serve a healthy dinner to your family. The recipe combines fresh and hearty ingredients like sweet potatoes roasted to golden perfection, tangy arugula, ripe pears, and creamy blue cheese.
The mix of textures and flavors makes every bite interesting and full of flavor. Best of all, the recipe comes together easily in no time at all. Your family will love this recipe for its delicious taste as well as its good-for-you health benefits.
Sweet potatoes provide fiber, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6; the arugula gives vitamin K, antioxidants and various flavonoids;
A recipe for a Roasted Sweet Potato and Arugula Salad with Pear and Blue Cheese makes for a delicious yet healthy dinner option. This creative recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family, highlighting the nutritious elements of various vegetables while also delivering exceptional taste. Sweet potatoes provide fiber, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B6; the arugula gives vitamin K, antioxidants, and various flavonoids; while the pears boast potassium and copper. Adding a hint of blue cheese gives it the perfect balance of flavors, making this recipe not only healthy but full of flavor as well.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- Sweet potatoes provide fiber, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6; the arugula gives vitamin K, antioxidants and various flavonoids;
- Ingredients needed to make the Roasted Sweet Potato and Arugula Salad
- Instructions for making the Roasted Sweet Potato and Arugula Salad
- Variations for the Roasted Sweet Potato and Arugula Salad
- Top tip
- Roasted Sweet Potato and Arugula Salad
Ingredients needed to make the Roasted Sweet Potato and Arugula Salad
- 1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 t. curry powder
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- 4 c. baby arugula
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 3 T. apple cider vinegar
- 2 t. honey
- ¼ c. toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Instructions for making the Roasted Sweet Potato and Arugula Salad
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the cubed sweet potato pieces with olive oil, curry powder, and smoked paprika. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Place in oven and roast for 15-20 minutes or until fork-tender and golden brown.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the arugula, shallots, and pears.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, Dijon, vinegar, and honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the arugula and toss everything together to combine.
- Top the salad with warm sweet potato pieces, hazelnuts, and crumbled blue cheese.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Variations for the Roasted Sweet Potato and Arugula Salad
Preparing variations to a popular recipe can be a great way to add variety to your family dinners. Roasted Sweet Potato and Arugula Salad with Pear and Blue Cheese is a delicious option that can easily be adapted to suit various dietary requirements or taste buds. For example, if you want to make the dish vegan simply replace cheese with diced avocado and swap out honey mustard dressing for something without animal products. If you're looking for something even healthier, swap out the sweet potatoes for roasted cauliflower or broccoli. You could also try adding different types of grains such as farro or quinoa, or while pistachios on top instead of walnuts which will give the dish extra crunchiness! No matter how you choose to adapt the recipe, Roasted Sweet Potato and Arugula Salad with Pear and Blue Cheese will still result in a fresh and healthy meal to be enjoyed by your whole family.
Equipment can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. Stone bakeware takes longer to heat up than metal pans, and also retain heat for longer, which could make the recipe more watery, or burnt on the outsides.
Tell your visitors what equipment you use and how to adjust the recipe if they use something different, and link to your affiliate link to purchase the equipment.
When making the Roasted Sweet Potato and Arugula Salad with Pear and Blue Cheese recipe for dinner, there are a few top tips to keep in mind. Try to buy organic ingredients whenever possible for an overall healthy dish that your family will love. If you wish to reduce prep time, cubed sweet potatoes can be used in place of roasting them from scratch. The complementary flavors of fresh pear and blue cheese add an interesting tangy flavor to the salad, so make sure to combine these ingredients in a balanced way. Finally, stand out from the crowd by adding some nuts or dried fruit as a garnish for an unexpected crunch!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: