Chocolate Cherry Brownies are the perfect dessert to satisfy any sweet tooth. Chocolate and cherries come together in a decadent brownie that will bring a smile to anyone's face. Ditch the store-bought varieties and make your own Chocolate Cherry Brownies for your next occasion – you won't regret it!
Made from scratch with just the right mix of rich cocoa powder and fresh cherries, these treats combine the best of two classic flavors. Your friends and family will thank you for this dreamy dessert!
Chocolate Cherry Brownies continue to remain one of the most popular desserts
Chocolate Cherry Brownies continue to remain one of the most popular desserts out there. The goodness of these classic treats is pretty undeniable, as they are packed with rich chocolate flavors and chewy goodness. When combined with plump cherries, the result is a delicious dessert that is sure to satisfy anyone's biggest sweet tooth cravings. It's no wonder they've remained as one of the most favored desserts over the years - after all, who doesn't love the goodness of Chocolate Cherry Brownies?
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 4 large eggs
- 2 T. + ¼ c. coconut oil, melted
- ½ c. honey, preferably local
- ¼ c. almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. coconut flour
- ¼ c. cocoa powder
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- 1 c. chopped, pitted cherries
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8-inch brownie pan with 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, ¼ cup melted coconut oil, honey, almond milk, and vanilla until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add the chopped, pitted cherries and any juices (if using frozen cherries) and fold until combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and place in the preheated oven to bake until the brownies are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, approximately 25-30 minutes. (Cooking time will vary by oven. Check after 20 minutes and adjust the cooking time accordingly).
Remove from oven and cool to room temperature before slicing into squares and serving. Enjoy!
Chocolate-Cherry brownies are a classic treat that has been enjoyed for years. With some extra creativity, you can put a spin on this traditional dessert, by making Chocolate Cherry Brownies that are all your own! Try adding a layer of chocolate chips, toasted chopped almonds, or even white chocolate chunks for an extra punch of deliciousness. If you want something more decadent, try stirring in chocolate liqueur or orange zest into the mixture. You could even add dried cherries or cranberries instead of fresh cherries for a new texture and tangy sweetness. The possibilities are endless when it comes to Chocolate Cherry Brownies - get creative and experiment with different flavors, textures and ingredients and see what tasty treats you can create!
Chocolate Cherry Brownies can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks, so you can have some on hand anytime you have a sweet tooth. Store them in an airtight container and they will stay nice and fresh until it’s time to give in to temptation. So don't worry: when you feel like something decadent, Chocolate Cherry Brownies will be there waiting for you.
One top tip for making the delicious Chocolate Cherry Brownies is to make sure to use premium dark chocolate. This will ensure that the dark chocolate flavor is prominent and doesn't get lost in the dish. Another top tip is to use exceptionally fresh and moist cherries. This will enhance the flavor and freshness of your dessert. Also, be sure not to overbake your brownies. By taking these top tips into consideration, you'll have a scrumptious Chocolate Cherry Brownie dessert that will be remembered by your guests for days!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: