Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps are an incredibly simple meal that packs a major punch of flavor. Not only are they healthy, but Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps can also be ready in as little as 25 minutes!
All you need to do is mix together your favorite fajita ingredients, add some chicken and veggies, pop it in the oven, and you’ve got yourself a delicious meal bursting with flavor. Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps are sure to become a family favorite!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps are an ideal dinner choice!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps are an ideal dinner choice! Not only are they healthy, but they're incredibly quick and easy to make. Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps can be cooked in less than 20 minutes and require minimal prep work. They also feature a mixture of delicious flavors like peppers, onions, and Mexican spices. Plus, you can make them as spicy or as mild as you'd like for everyone in your household. Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps are sure to become a family favorite!
Prep time: 10 minutes (+ time to marinate the chicken)
Cook time: 15 minutes
Ingredients needed to make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps
Fajita Seasoning Ingredients:
1 T. ground cumin
2 t. chili powder
½ t. garlic powder
½ t. onion powder
¼ t. ground chipotle powder
¼ t. smoked paprika
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1½ lbs. chicken tenders
2 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into strips
Optional: 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 T. fresh lime juice
1 large ripe avocado, sliced
Bibb or other large lettuce leaves, for wrapping
1 large lime, cut into wedges
Instructions for making Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps
- Add the fajita seasoning ingredients into a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the chicken tenders in a gallon-sized freezer bag. Drizzle one tablespoon olive oil and half of the fajita seasoning on top. Seal the bag and carefully turn until the chicken is evenly coated. Marinate chicken at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator overnight.
- To prepare, pre-heat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Add sliced peppers and red onion, if using, to a large mixing bowl and drizzle remaining olive oil and fajita seasoning on top. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Remove chicken from freezer bag and discard remaining marinade. Spread the chicken and vegetables into a single layer on the prepared baking sheet without overcrowding. Place in the pre-heated oven and roast for 7 minutes.
- Pull sheet pan from oven and flip each chicken tender. Return to oven and roast for another 7-8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables develop some nice color.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the fresh lime juice. Serve immediately with sliced avocado, cilantro, and lettuce leaves for wrapping. Offer lime wedges on the side for squeezing. Enjoy!
If you're looking for a way to spice up a weeknight dinner, Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps are a must-try! Not only are they super easy to make and full of flavor, but there are also variations you can try to suit your family's tastes. Try adding different vegetables like peppers, mushrooms, onions, or squash. You could also switch out the type of chicken you use - say hello to rotisserie or lightly grilled chicken. Want a heartier dish? Throw in some grilled shrimp or black beans for extra substance. But whatever variations you choose to make your Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps unique, one thing is certain – it will be delicious!
If you make a batch of Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps, storage is the key to enjoying them for days to come. When stored in an airtight container in the fridge, these delicious wraps can stay fresh and tasty up to three days. This makes meal prepping such a breeze - just cook up your wraps on Sunday and you'll have quick lunches or snacks ready all week!
When it comes to making Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps, top tips are a must. The most important tip is to make sure that you take the time to marinate the chicken. This will give it a much juicier and flavorful taste. Additionally, when prepping the lettuce wraps by adding slices of tomatoes, avocado, julienned bell pepper or onion, remember to account for the spiciness of the fajitas themselves. Lastly, if you opt for a dip like guacamole or ranch dressing, keep in mind that a little goes a long way and you don't want them to be too overbearing and distract from the delicate flavors of the Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: