Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup is the perfect quick dinner recipe for busy families this fall. Simply combine all of the ingredients in a slow cooker and let it do the work for you. The result is a delicious, hearty soup that is packed with flavor
. And because it's made in a slow cooker, it's easy to throw together on a weeknight. So if you're looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe that the whole family will love, give Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup a try. You won't be disappointed.
Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup is a healthy, easy-to-make soup
Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup is a healthy, easy-to-make soup that is perfect for the winter months. This soup is packed with nutrients, including vitamins A and C, potassium, and fiber. The curry powder in the soup helps to boost metabolism and the butternut squash provides a hearty flavor that will keep you feeling full for hours. Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup is also low in calories and fat, making it a great option for those watching their weight. So if you're looking for a healthy, delicious soup that is easy to make, Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup is the perfect choice.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low
- 6 c. butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 large pear, peeled and cubed
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 medium leek, sliced
1 t. cinnamon
½ t. allspice
1 T. curry powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste2 c. chicken stock, preferably organic
½ c. heavy cream
4 oz. toasted pumpkin seeds
3 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Add butternut squash, apple, pear, carrots, and leek to a 6-quart or larger slow cooker crock. Sprinkle the curry powder, cinnamon, and all-spice on top and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Pour the chicken broth over the vegetables and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- When cook time is complete, remove lid and cool slightly before pureeing with an immersion blender. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, carefully transfer the vegetables in batches to a blender or food processor to process until smooth).
- Temper the heavy cream by adding one or two spoonfuls of the hot vegetable puree to it before adding to the slow cooker crock. Blend with the immersion blender again until the cream is thoroughly incorporated into the soup and the vegetables are completely smooth. (If using a blender or food processor, temper the cream and add it while processing the vegetables).
- To serve, transfer the soup into individual serving bowls and top with toasted pumpkin seeds and some fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup is a delicious and easy way to enjoy winter squash. While the soup can be made with just a few simple ingredients, there are many ways to vary the recipe to suit your taste. For example, you can use different types of winter squash, such as acorns or kabocha. Or, you can change up the spices used to give the soup a different flavor profile. Additions such as ginger, coconut milk, and cilantro can all be used to create a unique Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup.
So, whether you're looking for a simple weeknight meal or a more complex soup for entertaining, there's sure to be a Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup variation that will suit your needs.
Check out the different types of slow cookers
Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that can be enjoyed all winter long. But how long does it keep in the fridge? Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup can be stored in the fridge for up to four days. However, it is best to eat it within two days of cooking to enjoy the best flavor and texture.
Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup is a delicious, hearty soup that's perfect for a winter meal. The best part about this soup is that it's so easy to make - simply throw all of the ingredients into a slow cooker and let it do its thing. Here are some top tips for making Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup:
- Start by sautéing the onion, garlic, and ginger in a tablespoon of oil until they're softened. This step helps to release the flavors of the ingredients and gives the soup a deeper flavor.
- Cut the butternut squash into small pieces so that it cooks evenly in the slow cooker. If you have time, you can also roast the squash before adding it to the soup - this step adds even more flavor to the dish.
- Use full-fat coconut milk for richer flavor and creaminess. You can also add in some extra vegetables like carrots or sweet potatoes for extra nutrition and sweetness.
- Season the soup with curry powder, salt, and pepper to taste. If you want a little bit more heat, you can also add in a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Let the soup cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours, until the squash is very tender. Once it's done, use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it's smooth. Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup is best-enjoyed piping hot with some crusty bread on the side - Enjoy!