Looking for a delicious recipe to add to your next party menu? Why not try something different and serve up some Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites? This recipe is a great combination of smoky, salty salmon and creamy, tangy cream cheese that combine in an incredible way.
Perfect as an appetizer or on-the-go bite, these tortilla bites are sure to be a hit with everyone. Throw together the ingredients in just minutes and please your guests with a unique recipe they'll love.
How much of a crowd-pleaser are the Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites make the perfect crowd-pleasing appetizer. Quick and easy to make, this simple recipe is sure to tickle the fancy of any crowd. No need to spend hours in the kitchen preparing dish after dish; all you have to do is mix cream cheese, smoked salmon, and other seasonings into a base of slightly crisped tortillas. Ready in minutes, your guests won’t be able to resist these flavorful bites! They’re great for impromptu get-togethers as well as big parties – a crowd-pleaser for sure.
Prep time: 3 hours 15 minutes (includes chilling time)
- How much of a crowd-pleaser are the Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites
- Ingredients needed to make the Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites
- Instructions for making Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites
- Variations on the Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites recipe
- Top tip
- Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites
Ingredients needed to make the Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites
- 10 oz. cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 5 T. sour cream
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- 1 T. dried dill
- 1 small cucumber
- 3 large tortillas
- 8 oz. smoked salmon
- salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for making Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, and dried dill. Generously season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Using a mandoline or a vegetable peeler, slice the cucumber into thin strips lengthwise.
- Place one tortilla on a clean work surface and spread with a thick layer of the cream cheese mixture. Layer the smoked salmon pieces over the cream cheese, in a square shape.
- Spread a very thin layer of cream cheese on the second tortilla and place it cream cheese side-down over the salmon. This will ensure the salmon sticks to the tortilla.
- Spread another thick layer on top of the second tortilla, leaving just a couple of teaspoons for the top tortilla layer. Place the cucumber slices on top of the cream cheese, again, forming a square shape.
- Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture on the third tortilla and place it cream cheese side down on top of the cucumber.
- Wrap the tortilla stack in a piece of parchment paper and place it in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours.
- Once set, remove the tortilla stack from the fridge and cut off the edges to form a square shape. Cut the square into strips and then each strip into small, bite-sized squares.
- Arrange on a serving platter and enjoy!
Variations on the Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites recipe
If you’re looking for variations to the classic Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites appetizer recipe, then you’re in luck! There are so many delicious ways to customize this dish. For cheesier bites, try substituting mascarpone cheese or crumbled feta cheese for cream cheese. To add a spicy kick to the bites, try adding diced red onion, chopped jalapeños, and dill. If you want something a bit sweeter, mix some honey mustard into the cream cheese before spreading it onto a tortilla shell, top with smoked salmon and finish with a sprinkle of diced apples. For even more variations, switch out the tortillas for mini bagels or cucumber slices for a light summer snack. The possibilities are endless!
If you're looking for a delicious and easy appetizer to make for your next party, the Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites provide a fantastic option that can be stored in the fridge. This particular recipe requires little time and effort but allows you to provide your guests with a tasty snack. Even better, these bites can be kept in storage for up to two days so you can make them ahead of time. Simply make sure they're stored inside storage bags or containers before placing them in the fridge—and you'll have an appetizer that everyone will love!
Making the Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites is a great way to impress guests with an easy-to-make appetizer. Here are some top tips for success when making this delicious recipe. First, be sure to use the freshest cream cheese you can find, as this will ensure that the flavor of your appetizer is top-notch. Also, when selecting smoked salmon for your bites, look for one that has a rich, smoky flavor without being overly salty. Finally, cut your tortillas into equally sized pieces so that all of your bites will have a uniform texture and crispiness from baking. With these top tips in mind, you can be sure to impress your guests with a fantastic Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: