If you're looking for an appetizer that combines the flavors of your favorite holiday gathering while sprucing up the presentation, look no further than the smoked salmon and whipped cream cheese cups.
This holiday recipe is sure to wow your guests with its creamy whipped cream cheese, savory smoked salmon, and crunchy appetizer cup. In addition to its great visual appearance, it's easy to make - simply mix and spread in appetizer cups before sprinkling on whatever toppings you'd like. Not only does this appetizer deliver on taste and visual appeal - it will leave your entire family asking for more!
How good is Smoked Salmon and Whipped Cream Cheese Cups?
The goodness of smoked salmon and whipped cream cheese cups cannot be overstated. Their delightful combination of the delicate smokiness from the salmon, the smooth taste of the cream cheese, and the crunch of the cup make for the perfect appetizer. Not only are these cups quite pleasing to the palate, but they are also easy to prepare. With minimal cooking required, it is no wonder that these tasty treats have become a popular accompaniment for special occasions or as a snack on their own. For those looking for something amazing to tantalize the taste buds, smoked salmon and whipped cream cheese cups will never disappoint!
- How good is Smoked Salmon and Whipped Cream Cheese Cups?
- Ingredients needed to make Smoked Salmon & Whipped Cream Cheese Cups
- Instructions for making Smoked Salmon & Whipped Cream Cheese Cups
- Variations to use when making Smoked Salmon & Whipped Cream Cheese Cups
- Top tip
- Smoked Salmon & Whipped Cream Cheese Cups
Ingredients needed to make Smoked Salmon & Whipped Cream Cheese Cups
16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
½ c. heavy cream
3 oz. sugar-free smoked salmon, chopped
¼ c. capers, well-drained
Chives, for garnish
To serve: Gluten-free crackers
Instructions for making Smoked Salmon & Whipped Cream Cheese Cups
- Add cream cheese and heavy cream to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Scoop the whipped cream cheese mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a tip. Pipe cream cheese into the bottom of each cup until about ¼ full, being sure to fill in the corners. Then add a layer of the chopped smoked salmon and one teaspoon of the drained capers.
- Repeat this process one more time and then conclude with a final layer of whipped cream cheese and one teaspoon of capers on top. Garnish each cup with a couple of chives and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Variations to use when making Smoked Salmon & Whipped Cream Cheese Cups
Making Smoked Salmon & Whipped Cream Cheese Cups is a great way to impress your guests. There is no need to worry about exact measurements or getting a perfect consistency; simply mix the cream cheese and other variations together, fill mini cups with the mixture, and top with a bit of smoked salmon. Variations can include herbs like chives, fresh dill, capers, or even some thin sliced cucumbers for additional flavor and texture. If you'd prefer a milder flavor, add in some diced tomatoes and lime juice then sprinkle it all with a pinch of garlic powder for added zest. With so many variations to choose from, these little bites are sure to be crowd-pleasers!
Proper storage is key when it comes to enjoying Smoked Salmon & Whipped Cream Cheese Cups to the fullest. If desired, this delectable snack can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days. The key to ensuring quality storage of these cups is to secure them in an air-tight container so that none of their flavors escapes or gets compromised. For optimal results, make sure to also keep your storage area in the fridge at a cool temperature; this will help preserve the salmon's moisture, texture and delicious taste for a longer period of time.
If you're looking for top tips to make the perfect Smoked Salmon & Whipped Cream Cheese Cups, then you're in luck! The key to making sure that your flavors are top-notch is starting with top-quality ingredients. Investing in top-quality cream cheese and smoked salmon will ensure that your cups have an amazing flavor. Additionally, when it comes to assembly be sure to use extra care and attention - careful handling of both the puff pastry and the delicate ingredients will go a long way in making sure that you end up with impressive results. Finally, don't skimp on the presentation - top off your creation with herbs and a sprinkle of lime juice for a beautiful finished product.