Start your morning off right with the ultimate grab-and-go breakfast: Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites. Perfectly cooked eggs, crispy bacon, and melty cheese come together in a delicious, portable package.
The sous vide cooking method ensures that every bite is cooked to perfection, with no overcooked or runny eggs in sight. Plus, with the addition of smoky bacon and nutty Gruyere cheese, these little breakfast bites are packed with flavor that will keep you energized all morning long. Whether you're rushing out the door or enjoying a lazy morning at home, these egg bites are a must-try for any breakfast lover.
Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites are a popular breakfast option
Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites are a popular breakfast options that many people are curious about when it comes to their health. Luckily, these delicious egg bites are quite healthy and can provide a balanced start to your day. Made with whole, high-quality ingredients such as eggs, bacon, and gruyere cheese, these bites are packed with protein, healthy fats, and flavor. Additionally, because they are cooked using the sous vide method, they retain more of their natural nutrients and are not as greasy as other breakfast options. So, next time you're looking for a tasty and healthy breakfast option, consider trying Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Sous Vide Temp: 172°F
Cook time: 30 minutes
- Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites are a popular breakfast option
- Ingredients needed to make Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites
- How to make Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites
- Variations on the Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites recipe
- Equipment used in making Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites
- Storage for the Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites
- Top tips on making Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites
- Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites
Ingredients needed to make Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites
- 6 large eggs
- ½ c. + 2 T. smoked gruyere cheese, grated or finely chopped, divided
- ¼ c. cottage cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled, divided
- 2 T. green onion, sliced (green part only)
- 6 4-oz. glass canning jars
Optional: non-stick cooking spray, melted butter, or melted coconut oil
How to make Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites
- Fill a large container or pot with water and attach the sous vide circulator to the side. Set the temperature to 172°F and the cooking time to 30 minutes.
- While the water bath heats up, add the eggs, half-cup Gruyere cheese, and cottage cheese to a blender and season with salt and black pepper, as desired. Process until smooth.
- Grease 6 4-oz. canning jars with non-stick cooking spray, melted butter, or coconut oil, if desired. Divide ¾ of the bacon among the 6 jars and top off each jar with the blended egg mixture.
- Add a two-part lid to each jar and close until “finger tight.” (The jar should be tight enough to prevent water from getting inside, but not so tight that extra air cannot escape while in the bath). Shake each jar to distribute the crumbled bacon and egg mixture evenly.
- Once the water temperature reaches the set temperature, carefully place the sealed jars into the water bath with tongs. Reset the cooking time to 30 minutes, if necessary.
- When cook time is complete, carefully remove the glass jars from the water bath and loosen the lids. Serve immediately topped with the remaining Gruyere cheese, crumbled bacon, and sliced green onion, or place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. (Egg bites can be quickly reheated in the microwave or placed back in a warm water bath for 15 minutes before serving). Enjoy!
Variations on the Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites recipe
Looking to switch up your breakfast routine? Consider adding some variations to the Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites recipe! One option is to swap out the bacon for another type of meat, such as ham or sausage. For a vegetarian twist, try adding in some vegetables like spinach or mushrooms. And if you have a hankering for some spice, toss in some jalapenos or chili flakes. The options are endless when it comes to personalizing this savory breakfast favorite. Don't be afraid to experiment and find your new go-to variation!
Equipment used in making Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites
2- Rubbermaid Commercial Products Plastic Space Saving Square Food Storage Container For Kitchen/Sous Vide/Food Prep, 12 Quart, Clear
3- EVERIE Collapsible Hinged Sous Vide Lid Compatible with Anova Nano Sous Vide Cooker and Rubbermaid 12,18, 22 Qt. Sous Vide Container, Corner Mount (Fits Anova Nano Only)
4- Sous Vide Bags 30 Reusable Vacuum Food Storage Bags for Anova and Joule Cookers - 3 sizes Sous Vide Bag Kit with Pump - 4 Sealing Clips - 4 Sous Vide Bag Clips for Food Storage and Sous Vide Cooking
Storage for the Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites
Who can resist the deliciousness of bacon and gruyere cheese? When paired with fluffy eggs, it creates an irresistible dish that satisfies the tastebuds. But what happens when you make too much? How long can the Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites be stored in the fridge? Luckily, you can enjoy this delectable dish for up to five days if properly stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It's perfect for meal prepping or quick on-the-go breakfasts. Don't let any leftovers go to waste, savor it throughout the week!
Top tips on making Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites
Are you ready to elevate your breakfast game with some delicious Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites? Here are some top tips to help you make the perfect bite.
First, ensure that your eggs are at room temperature before mixing them with the other ingredients for a smoother and fluffier texture.
Second, be sure to generously butter the molds before pouring in the mixture to prevent sticking.
Third, cook the egg bites in a water bath at a constant temperature of 172°F for 60-90 minutes, depending on the size of your molds.
Finally, finish off the egg bites by broiling them for a crispy golden top. With these tips, your Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites are sure to be a delicious and impressive breakfast option.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: