Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes are an unbeatable dinner option for a busy family. With only a few easy steps and minimal ingredients, this healthy recipe is sure to hold you over on those hectic nights.
Not to mention, the flavor is wonderfully refreshing with the combination of lemon, garlic, and potatoes which makes this dish unique. Even better yet, it fits well into any budget! All in all, these Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes have all the elements of a delicious meal packed into one.
Every kid will love Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes!
Every kid will love Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes! They are a great and healthy way to round out a family dinner. Kids can help cook them, too, as they follow the simple recipe. The lemon potatoes are especially flavorful as they are infused with garlic, oregano, and other fragrant spices. Give the Greek-style lemon potatoes a try and you'll be sure to make your family happy!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 50-55 minutes
- Every kid will love Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes!
- Ingredients needed to make Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
- Instructions for making Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
- Variations on the Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes recipe
- Equipment for making the Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
- Storage for the Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
- Top tips for making the Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
- The Unique Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
Ingredients needed to make Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
- 2½ lbs. Russet or other starchy potatoes, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¾ c. chicken broth
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ c. fresh lemon juice
- 2 t. fresh lemon zest, preferably organic
- ½ T. dried oregano
- Optional: Fresh oregano, for garnish
Instructions for making Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
- Place top oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Prep and arrange the potatoes in a single layer in a large cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with the garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Whisk together the chicken broth, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and oregano in a medium bowl and pour over the potatoes.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven and cook for 25 minutes before carefully turning the potatoes. Return to oven for another 25 minutes.
- After cook time is complete, remove the skillet from the oven and carefully drain and reserve any excess liquid in the skillet. Return to oven for another 5 minutes or until the potatoes are nicely browned on the edges.
Tip: You can also place the skillet under a hot broiler for 2-3 minutes for even crispier results.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving with some of the reserved cooking liquid drizzled on top. Enjoy!
Variations on the Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes recipe
Looking for a healthy, delicious recipe your whole family will love? Look no further than Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes! This dish is a unique twist on plain potatoes that packs lots of flavors. Even better yet, there are tons of variations you can try to make it just the way your family likes it! You can cut up some fresh vegetables such as carrots, peppers, and onions and cook them with the potatoes for a veggie boost. To add an extra crunchy texture, try adding some slivered almonds or even bacon bits. If you're looking for something extra special, top the potatoes off with chopped parsley or feta cheese. With all these possible variations, Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes can become the perfect side dish for any family gathering or weeknight dinner.
Equipment for making the Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
Storage for the Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes are a tasty and healthy recipe and make for a great addition to your family dinners. The good news is that you can store it in the fridge for a few days if you don't finish it up! In fact, many people like to make extra of this dish so they can enjoy it over multiple nights - just be sure to store it in an airtight container or baggie, as this will help ensure you get maximum freshness when reheating leftovers.
Top tips for making the Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
Getting dinner ready can be a chore, but with the right attitude and help from recipes like Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes, you can make delicious and healthy meals for the whole family. Here are some top tips for making this easy recipe: first, select firm potatoes that will keep their shape during cooking; start with cold water and season with salt; cook potatoes until they are fork-tender; drain and cool before tossing in olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper; bake until golden brown; sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and eat! Making Greek-Style Beans is an effortless way to get tasty food on the table - your family will love it!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: