Vegetable Pad Thai is a healthy recipe to make if you're trying to eat more plant-based meals. This dish takes its inspiration from the traditional Thai noodle dish and includes ingredients like eggs, peanuts, bean sprouts, and carrots.
The noodles used in this recipe provide an excellent source of healthy carbs, while the protein-rich eggs give your body energy to power through your day. With a flavorful sweet and tangy sauce made of honey and garlic chili sauce, this Pad Thai is sure to be a hit with everyone in your household!
Vegetable Pad Thai is a healthy recipe worth trying out.
Vegetable Pad Thai is a healthy recipe worth trying out. It brings together healthy vegetables as its main ingredients, coated in a flavourful sauce. No need to head out to a restaurant to indulge in delicious Vegetable Pad Thai. With a few top tips, it's possible to make this healthy recipe at home.
As long as you steer clear of the processed additions like store-bought pad thai sauce, your vegetable pad thai will be healthy and delicious. Besides being healthy and tasty, it's also very versatile – you can mix and match whatever vegetables or proteins you'd like to add extra nutrition and flavor. All in all, it's an easy-to-make healthy recipe that's good for both your body and your taste buds.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Ingredients needed to make Vegetable Pad Thai
Pad Thai Ingredients:
8 oz. box rice noodles
1 T. sesame oil
½ medium shallot, finely chopped
3 large green onions, sliced, white and green parts separated
1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks (as shown)
1 medium red pepper, sliced
2 large eggs, whisked
½ c. roasted peanuts, chopped and divided
3 T. cilantro leaves, chopped
2 large limes, cut into wedges
Optional: Crushed red pepper flakes, to serve
⅓ c. honey
3 T. fish sauce
2 T. tamari or coconut aminos
1 T. rice vinegar
2 T. fresh lime juice
2 T. sugar-free creamy peanut butter
1 T. garlic chili sauce https://amzn.to/3Dk8L1g
Instructions for making Vegetable Pad Thai
- Prepare rice noodles according to package instructions. Rinse under cool water and set aside.
- While waiting for the water to boil for the rice noodles, add the sauce ingredients to a small skillet set over medium-low heat. Stir continually until the peanut butter is melted and the sauce is heated through, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the sesame oil to a large non-stick skillet set over medium heat. Add the shallot, the white part of the green onions, carrots, and red pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until the vegetables are crisp and tender and develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet with a spatula. Add the whisked eggs to the other side. Cook, stirring and chopping frequently with the spatula until the eggs are cooked through and broken into very small pieces, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the prepared rice noodles, one-third cup of chopped peanuts, and the warm sauce to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Transfer to individual serving dishes and top with the remaining roasted peanuts, green onion tops, and fresh cilantro. Serve immediately with lime wedges and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired, on the side. Enjoy!
Vegetable Pad Thai is not only an incredibly tasty and healthy recipe - it is also hugely versatile. There are so many variations to use, meaning that you can make delicious and flavorful variations of this classic dish. For example, you could add in fresh herbs and chili peppers for a more robust flavor while adding extra veggies like carrots, bell peppers, or mushrooms will increase the number of vegetables used. You could also omit the rice noodles and replace them with shredded cabbage for a low-carb version; or if you're looking for even more texture, try stirring in some crunchy roasted cashews or peanuts just before serving. No matter which variations you explore, Vegetable Pad Thai is sure to satisfy you!
Vegetable Pad Thai is a delicious and healthy recipe that is easy to prepare. It can be an ideal go-to meal for any busy weeknight. When it comes to storage, though, it’s important to know how long the leftovers can stay in the fridge before they should be thrown out. Generally speaking, Vegetable Pad Thai will keep for up to three days in the refrigerator if it’s stored properly in a sealed container or covered dish. After three days, the flavor may start to diminish and bacteria may start forming on the food, so it’s best not to risk eating anything beyond those guidelines.
No need to head out to a restaurant to indulge in delicious Vegetable Pad Thai. With a few top tips, it's possible to make this healthy recipe at home. To start off, be sure to have all the necessary ingredients prepped and measured before you begin cooking. Next, use aromatic spices like freshly ground coriander, garlic, and onion for extra flavor. For that authentic taste of Pad Thai, fry up some dried shrimp paste too! Lastly, top it off with chili flakes or fresh herbs if desired, and enjoy making this amazing dish!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: