Watermelon, Whipped Feta, & Basil Bites are the perfect summer appetizer! Watermelon is sweet and refreshing, while the feta adds a nice savory note. The basil ties everything together and gives it a little bit of zing.
These bites are so easy to make
These bites are so easy to make and only require a few ingredients. Watermelon, feta, basil, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil are all you need. Simply cut the watermelon into bite-sized pieces, top with whipped feta and a basil leaf, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. That's it! This Watermelon, Whipped Feta, & Basil Bites
recipe is sure to be a hit at your next summer gathering.
Watermelon is a great source of hydration
Watermelon is not only a refreshing summer treat, but it also has a number of health benefits. Watermelon is a great source of hydration, and it is also low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals. Watermelon is also a good source of lycopene, an antioxidant that has been linked to heart health and cancer prevention. In addition to being a healthy snack on its own, watermelon can also be used in a variety of recipes. Watermelon soup, for example, is a refreshing and healthy starter for any meal. Watermelon can also be used as a healthy topping for yogurt or oatmeal. And for a fun and healthy summertime treat, try Watermelon Whipped Feta & Basil Bites. This recipe combines the sweetness of watermelon with the savory flavors of feta cheese and basil. Watermelon Whipped Feta & Basil Bites are a delicious and healthy way to enjoy watermelon all summer long!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 oz. Feta, crumbled
3 tablespoon half & half
⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
Fresh seedless watermelon, cut 24 1” squares approximately ⅓” thick
12 fresh basil leaves, stems removed
⅓ cup pistachios, chopped
Garnish: (optional)Small sprigs of fresh basil
- Place cream cheese, Feta, and half & half in a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer or immersion blender until mixture is light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally, and cook until the liquid is reduced by one-half and starts to cling to the back of a spoon. Reduce heat to low and keep warm until ready to use.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze onto a serving platter and carefully arrange half of the watermelon squares on top.
- Transfer some of the whipped Feta mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large tip (or use a plastic sandwich bag with one of the bottom corners removed). Pipe the whipped Feta onto each watermelon square on the platter and top each with some fresh basil. Refill the pastry or plastic bag as necessary.
- Place another slice of watermelon on top of the basil and gently press down to secure. Top each appetizer with some of the remaining whipped Feta and chopped pistachios.
- Serve immediately garnished with small sprigs of fresh basil and a light drizzle of the remaining balsamic glaze, if desired.