5-Cheese Meaty Lasagna is the perfect dinner for your family. This recipe is packed with flavor, and it's sure to please even the pickiest eaters. The best part about this dish is that it's easy to make, and it will leave you with leftovers for days. So go ahead and give it a try - your family will thank you for it!
Who doesn't love lasagna? It's cheesy, it's meaty, and it's always a hit at parties. But what is it about 5-Cheese Meaty Lasagna that makes it so good?
What is so good about 5-Cheese Meaty Lasagna?
For one, the five different kinds of cheese give the dish a richness that is hard to beat. The combination of mozzarella, Parmesan, ricotta, Asiago, and Gruyere creates a lasagna that is both creamy and flavorful. And let's not forget about the meat. The 5-Cheese Meaty Lasagna is made with a hearty beef and pork mixture that will satisfy even the most carnivorous of appetites.
Why do kids love cheesy Lasagna so much?
It's no secret that kids love cheese. In fact, a recent study found that cheese is the food that kids are most likely to request for dinner. And when it comes to cheese-based dishes, there's one dish that kids always seem to crave: 5-Cheese Meaty Lasagna. This hearty dish is packed with 5 different types of cheese, and it's also loaded with ground beef and Italian sausage. The combination of cheesy goodness and savory flavors is simply irresistible to kids of all ages. So if you're looking for a dish that will please even the pickiest of eaters, 5-Cheese Meaty Lasagna is always a safe bet.
So next time you're looking for a delicious and hearty dish to feed a crowd, look no further than 5-Cheese Meaty Lasagna. You won't be disappointed.
This was inspired by my other recipe on this site, and pairs well with this amazing sidedish recipe.
Prep time: 20 minutes (+ 20 minutes to rest after baking)
Cook time: 50-55 minutes
- 4 c. meat sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package instructions and dried thoroughly
- 1 24-oz. container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 T. Italian seasoning, divided
- ½ c. fresh parsley, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8-oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 8-oz. Gruyere cheese, shredded, divided
¾ c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, divided
- ¾ c. Asiago cheese, freshly grated, divided
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, and fresh parsley. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Spray a 13 x 9” glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add enough meat sauce to cover the bottom of the pan in a thin layer and then cover with 3 lasagna noodles. Top with an even layer of the ricotta cheese mixture, followed by a layer of shredded mozzarella and Gruyere cheese, using equal amounts of each. Finish with a thin layer of grated Parmesan and Asiago cheese, also in equal amounts.
- Repeat this process three more times: meat sauce, noodles, ricotta mixture, shredded cheeses, and grated cheeses. Sprinkle the remaining Italian seasoning across the final layer.
- Loosely tent dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for another 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and rest for 20 minutes before slicing. Serve topped with some freshly chopped parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
5-Cheese Meaty Lasagna is a delicious and cheesy dish that is perfect for a family dinner. However, if you are looking for a healthier option, there are several substitutes that you can use. For example, you can replace ground beef with ground turkey or ground chicken. You can also use low-fat cheese in place of regular cheese. Additionally, you can use gluten-free noodles instead of traditional white noodles. By making these simple substitutions, you can enjoy a delicious and healthy 5-Cheese Meaty Lasagna without all of the guilt.
5-Cheese Meaty Lasagna can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. After 5 days, the lasagna will start to lose its flavor and become dry.
Tip #1: This recipe is easier to prepare if you have the meat sauce prepared ahead of time. (If you don’t have the time or inclination to do so, use your favorite prepared pasta sauce instead).
Fortunately, the one-pot meat sauce recipe referred to here can be made in large batches that freeze beautifully for future use. For best results, pulse 4 cups of the chunky meat sauce in a food processor to get a more even consistency prior to using it in this dish.
Tip #2: The key to keeping lasagna from getting soupy is to make sure your noodles are thoroughly dried before assembling.