This Baked Brie appetizer is a great way to make your holidays special. Perfect for entertaining, it only takes minutes to prepare and looks absolutely spectacular when served.
The sweetness of the cranberries, the crunch of the walnuts, and the creamy texture of the brie pair beautifully together and will have your guests raving! It's sure to be a hit at your next holiday gathering!
What makes Baked Brie with Cranberries and Walnuts so special?
Baked Brie with Cranberries and Walnuts is the perfect appetizer for entertaining. Not only does the circular wheel of brie cheese present an elegant and tasty centerpiece, but the combination of sweet cranberries and crunchy walnuts elevates the overall flavors to something unique and special. The warm melted goodness of the cheese pairs perfectly with the tartness of the cranberries while the subtle nuttiness from the walnuts adds further depth to the bite. Sophisticated yet comforting, Baked Brie with Cranberries and Walnuts is a party favorite that is sure to please even the most discerning palate!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients needed to make Baked Brie with Cranberries and Walnuts
- 8 oz. brie cheese wheel
- ¼ c. cranberry sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 T. dried cranberries (Craisins)
- ½ c. walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 T. honey, preferably local
- 2 rosemary sprigs
Instructions on making Baked Brie with Cranberries and Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Place the brie on the prepared baking sheet and transfer it to the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove brie from the oven, and using two forks, gently expose the creamy layer beneath the crusty top of the cheese. Spread the cranberry sauce on top of the cheese, followed by the dried cranberries and walnuts. Drizzle with honey and top with fresh rosemary.
- Return brie in the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until all the toppings are warm and the brie is heated to your desired temperature.
- Serve the baked brie on a decorative platter alongside sliced baguette and vegetable dippers. Enjoy!
When it comes to making baked Brie with Cranberries and Walnuts, there are lots of variations you can try. You could make it with a variety of different fruits such as pears, apples or apricots instead of cranberries. You can swap out the walnuts for almonds or pistachios. Or, you could try adding different herbs like rosemary or thyme. Alternatively, you might try changing up the toppings to include caramelized onions or chopped figs. No matter which variations you choose to make, baked Brie with Cranberries and Walnuts is sure to be an indulgent treat that everyone will love!
When making delicious Brie with Cranberries and Walnuts, storage becomes a key element in the recipe. After baking, you can store the surprising snack in the fridge for up to three days. This storage duration is optimal because after this time period, the flavors may begin to blend in an undesirable way and start to affect the overall taste of your dish. So get creative and put together a dish to die for, just be sure not to push your storage limits too far. When done correctly, using storage as part of your cooking process can leave you with delectable baked Brie that will make all your friends jealous!
To serve:1 French baguette, warmed and sliced on the diagonal
Fresh vegetables for dipping such as baby carrots, celery, cucumber rounds
Making baked Brie with cranberries and walnuts in the fridge is an easy and delicious way to enjoy this classic flavor combination. For top results, it’s important to use top tips - like combining melted butter with brown sugar for a crunchy crumble top layer, or sprinkling chopped walnuts into the mix for added nuttiness. The cranberries should be softened before adding them to the cheese wheel, which will infuse their sweet tartness as they heat up in the oven. Finally, while you can always skip the oven by serving your Brie cold from the fridge, it’s always best served warm - so pop it in a preheated 350ºF oven for 10 minutes or until lightly golden and bubbly.