Have you ever had cod before? Cod is a white fish that is commonly found in the Atlantic Ocean. It has a delicate, flaky texture and a slightly sweet flavor. In this recipe, we will bake the cod with a delicious honey-mustard glaze. The result is a healthy and satisfying meal that everyone will love! It's a healthy and easy-to-cook meal for any night of the week. In this blog post, we'll show you how to bake cod in the oven. We'll also provide some tips on how to make your cod taste even better. So, if you're looking for a new and healthy recipe to try this week, be sure to read our blog post on baked cod.
Baked Cod with Caper-Lemon Sauce
Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 25 min Servings: 4
• 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
• ½ cup white wine or lemon juice
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
• 4 6-ounce cod fillets
• ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. preheat oven to 400°.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp. olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add wine and garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally. Stir in capers. Remove from heat.
3. Sprinkle fish with ¼ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper. Arrange fish in a baking dish coated with cooking spray; drizzle fish evenly with half of the wine mixture. Bake at 400° for 13 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
4. Place fish on a platter; top evenly with remaining wine mixture and parsley. Serve immediately.
Saturated Fat: 1g ,
How to make Lemon-Caper Sauce
How to Make Lemon Caper Sauce
- lemon zest,
- lemon juice,
- fine salt,
- black pepper,
- parsley (optional),
- and olive oil
Instructions for the Lemon-Caper Sauce
First, take the capers and drain them through a sieve so that they are not too moist.
Then take the parsley and finely chop it.
Next, juice your lemon so you have about 2 tablespoons of juice.
Take your lemon zest and finely grate it so you have about 1 teaspoon of lemon zest.
Now, take the lemon juice, mayonnaise, capers, dill, parsley (optional), grated lemon peel, salt, and pepper and mix them together in a bowl. After that pour olive oil into the mixture slowly. Make sure that the oil is slowly poured so it doesn't separate.
That's all there is to it! Caper sauce goes really well with fish dishes like baked cod which you can find here. It also goes well with other types of seafood such as shrimp, lobster, scallops, or crab cakes. You can even eat it