If you're looking for a quick and easy meal that's bursting with flavor, then these Spicy Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole are sure to satisfy you. Packed full of protein and fiber, black beans are an excellent source of nutrition that can help keep you feeling full and energized throughout the day.
And thanks to the bold flavors of cumin, chili powder, and garlic, these tacos are anything but bland. Top them off with some fresh homemade guacamole for an added boost of healthy fats and vitamins, and you've got a delicious and nutritious meal that's perfect for any occasion. So why not try making these Spicy Black Bean Taco Wraps for your next meal? Your taste buds (and your body) will thank you for it!
Most people love a good, hearty taco, but how healthy is the Spicy Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole recipe?
Most people love a good, hearty taco, but how healthy is the Spicy Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole recipe? Well, good news - this dish packs a punch nutritionally. With its high-fiber black beans and fresh guacamole (made with heart-healthy avocado), this recipe is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. And don't let the "spicy" scare you away - research has shown that adding a little heat to your meals can actually boost metabolism and aid in weight loss. So go ahead and indulge in these delicious tacos without the guilt - your taste buds and waistline will thank you.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- Most people love a good, hearty taco, but how healthy is the Spicy Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole recipe?
- Guacamole Ingredients:
- Instructions needed to make Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole
- Variations on the Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole recipe
- Storage for the Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole
- Top tips on making Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole
- Spicy Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 15-oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 T. water
- 1 t. ground cumin
- ½ t. chili powder
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- ¼ t. cayenne pepper
- ¼ t. dried Mexican oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional: ½ medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 large ripe avocados, pitted
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. fresh cilantro, minced
- ½ medium jalapeño, finely diced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Iceberg, butter, or Romaine lettuce leaves for wrapping
Instructions needed to make Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add beans, water, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, and Mexican oregano. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are warmed through and the spices become fragrant, around 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While the beans are cooking, mash the avocado in a small glass or another non-reactive bowl. Add tomato, lime juice, fresh cilantro, and jalapeño. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
Transfer warm beans to a bowl and add diced bell pepper, if using. Sprinkle with additional spices, if desired. Serve immediately with large lettuce leaves for wrapping, along with fresh guacamole and this spicy mango salsa. Enjoy!
Variations on the Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole recipe
If you're getting bored with the same old Spicy Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole recipe, there are plenty of variations you can try to mix things up! Try adding in some roasted peppers or onions for a smoky flavor, or switch up the protein by using shredded chicken or tofu instead of black beans. Get creative with your toppings too - add some crumbled queso fresco for a tangy bite, or make a quick salsa with diced tomatoes and cilantro. The possibilities are endless, so have fun experimenting with different combinations until you find your new favorite taco recipe!
Storage for the Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole
If you've made a big batch of Spicy Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole, you might be wondering how long they can last in the fridge. While it's always best to eat freshly made food, these wraps can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Keep in mind that the wrap itself may get a bit soggy over time, so you may want to store the filling and guacamole separately if possible. Just be sure to reheat the filling before assembling the wrap to ensure maximum flavor. With their bold spices and creamy guacamole, these wraps are sure to be a hit, whether you're serving them fresh or reheated.
Top tips on making Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole
When it comes to making the Spicy Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole, there are a few top tips that can take your dish to the next level.
Firstly, don't skimp on the spices - the combination of cumin, smoked paprika, and chili powder is what gives these wraps their bold flavor.
Secondly, make sure to drain and rinse your black beans before using them to avoid any excess liquid in your dish.
Thirdly, when making the fresh guacamole, let the flavors meld together by letting it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Finally, be sure to heat your tortillas up before filling them with the delicious mix of beans, corn, and tomato salsa.
These simple yet essential tips will ensure that your Spicy Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole are bursting with flavor and will leave your taste buds satisfied.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]: